newbie - offset addresses in ecu def file?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

blackhole

newbie - offset addresses in ecu def file?

Post by blackhole »

One newbie question - I did search through old posts but didn't find what I was looking for.

1. As currently written in v3.10 is it possible to setup the TunerPro ecu definition file so that the loaded bin addresses are offset a desired amount? For example, I have a 16k [0x4000h] bin that the ECU internally addresses from 0xC000-0xFFFF. But if I load the bin TunerPro sees it as 0x0000-0x3FFF. If I work from a 32k image the defintion file has to be updated with the 0x4000 address change.

I know that this can be done at the burning / stacking stage, but it seems it would be easier up front. Not a major deal - worst case I'll set up the definition file for only 16k bins.

[deleted question about non-std ALDL, answered in another forum]

Thanks!
Kyle "BlackHole"
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hi Kyle -

This is a feature that I've thought about in the past but have since forgotten. I'll put this on the list. I dont' imagine it being too difficult to put in, and it makes sense for stacked bins.

In the meantime, you could always unstack the bin (using the Bin Stacker in TunerPro), then edit the result, then re-stack. I understand that this adds some steps, but it would be temporary.

Personally, I usually keep my original 16k source and then stack it before I need to burn it. That way I don't have to unstack every time.

I'll get this in there.

M
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Greenbuggy

Post by Greenbuggy »

You didn't say what you are using for burning, but at least in the pocket programmer II software, there are 3 fields for "buffer start" (set at hex 000000) and the fields "chip start" and "chip end". Because I have a 4k program and a 32k atmel chip, I set the buffer start to 000000, chip start to 070000 and chip end to 07ffff and it works fine (and is easier than stacking/restacking every compile), but I agree, it would be nice to have built-in to tunerpro.
'51 Ford F-6 Dually Dumptruck/'72 Cheyenne20/'59 VW Chassied Buggy/'85 Honda Prelude/'91 Nissan Maxima

Check out my site at Http://www.speedyoldtruck.com

Always looking for Caddy N* information, working on a tunable OBD1 ECU.