Baud rates..

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

uglykid

Baud rates..

Post by uglykid »

As well as being able to set the baud rate, can you enable the ability to change the parity?

The ECU I'm working with uses "even" parity, and all tuner-pro or scanner-pro are capable of is "none" parity.

BTW, scanner-pro is capable of lower baud rates than the 2400 it states is the bottom limit. I logged the serial comm, and it is capable of setting the baud within 2 of my application. With the "even" parity it might be able to log it.

Thanks,
Dave
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Re: Baud rates..

Post by Mangus »

uglykid wrote:As well as being able to set the baud rate, can you enable the ability to change the parity?

The ECU I'm working with uses "even" parity, and all tuner-pro or scanner-pro are capable of is "none" parity.

BTW, scanner-pro is capable of lower baud rates than the 2400 it states is the bottom limit. I logged the serial comm, and it is capable of setting the baud within 2 of my application. With the "even" parity it might be able to log it.

Thanks,
Dave
I've heard another similar request. I'll consider adding parity settings. If not, you'll be able to do it via your own plugin.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
uglykid

Re: Baud rates..

Post by uglykid »

Mangus wrote:I've heard another similar request. I'll consider adding parity settings. If not, you'll be able to do it via your own plugin.
Oh boy, oh boy.. (panting and wagging tail!!!)

:lol: