ECU Files+Datastream

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

mnilss44

ECU Files+Datastream

Post by mnilss44 »

I´m planing to convert my TC def-files to ECU-files useing TDF from TC ,
but to have it all in one SW I also need Datastream protocols , anyone know how to do that? have tried at thirdgen.org but no luck.

ps what is a poll?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Yeah, I have all the datastream formats. I can send them to you, but I wouldn't recommend creating any TunerPro data stream defs quite yet. The format is going to change over the next few releases. I'd hate to see you put a bunch of work into it only to have it not work in the future.

once the file format is nailed down, I'll be throwing a definition editor for the datastream files into TunerPro, so you can have at it.

I also don't' recommend editing the datastream files by hand. theres a lot of "hidden meaning" in many of the fields that you can't understand just by looking at the file. The only reason I even kept it plain-text was to make it easy for *me* during development. =)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
mnilss44

ECU Convertion

Post by mnilss44 »

OK I hold with Datastream files.

Started with the convertion off my TC def-files and got stuck on some things , maybe someone can help me out. In the TDF Editor there is a value called "Exponential Scale Factor" and when set to -1 I dont know where to convert that in TunerPro´s ECU Editor , for the Parameter in question there is a huge factor of 983040 and a offset of 0 and it´s a 16Bit value :?:

How does T-Pro "Multiply,Divide,or Bit" box alter values , and "Bit Mask" when is that one used :?:

Great SW with so many thing included :D
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I believe their exponential scaling factor is the equivelant of mult,div, bit in the ECU.

when their exp. sc. factor is set to -1, that means divide (x^-1 = 1/x), which the same as setting mult, div, bit to "1" in the ECU (0 = multiply, 1 = divide, 2 = bitwise).

so, I can (almost) guarantee that what you want in the ECU is to set mult, div, bit, to "1", then set the factor to 983040, and the size to "2" (2 bytes = 16 bits).

That should do it. :-D

Thanks for registering Mikael!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

also, in the ECU, bitmask generally allows you to specify how many bits you want in the item. It only applies to flag and should *always* be set to 80.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
mnilss44

ECU Tables

Post by mnilss44 »

Thanks for the clarification on TP Edit functions , it works well now :D . But now I have a table problem most tables are easy to convert but 2 have values placed wrong , meaning that values from the top of the table is placed in the middle and vice versa it only applys to tables "TCC Lock/Unlock %TPS vs speed low gears/high gears" I have checked addressing and factors offsets bias against TC tables and they are correct
anyone suggestion about this :?: . Useing $DA2 with 16159278. :lol:
mnilss44

Tables values

Post by mnilss44 »

Found the problem it was table direction "By columns" not "By rows"

Duh
Bill usn-1

Data stream for 160 baud

Post by Bill usn-1 »

Is there a plan to allow 160 baud ALDL monitoring? I have read the FAQ's and the post on the subject, but no real mention of support for the C3's.
I'm working with the 7747 and 8746. I have located a file on ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/uploads/ called "ALDLstuff.zip" that includes the data stream for a lot of applications. I found 3 that appear to be for my application. A033.ds/A058.ds/A106.ds
I changed the ext to .ads and loaded it in to the aldl file, but no joy.

Can you point me in the right direction?
As discussed earlier, I'm not a software guy!

Thanks,
76 IH Scout
345 V-8 TB FI 7747
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

yes, eventually. changing the exntension won't work. in a few weeks I'll be releasing a version of TunerPro with an editor to create your own data stream definition. You'll use the files you found to create a definition for tunerpro.

however, 160 baud won't be supported for at least another 2 months or so.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Bill usn-1

Post by Bill usn-1 »

Bummer,
I really want to start using you program. I like the idea of using 1 program for logging and RT tuning.
76 IH Scout
345 V-8 TB FI 7747
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

[quote="Bill usn-1"]Bummer,
I really want to start using you program. I like the idea of using 1 program for logging and RT tuning.[/quote]

yup. sorry. so many combinations out there to support, so much time in a day.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
ZPaul2Fresh8

Post by ZPaul2Fresh8 »

Mangus wrote:Yeah, I have all the datastream formats. I can send them to you, but I wouldn't recommend creating any TunerPro data stream defs quite yet. The format is going to change over the next few releases. I'd hate to see you put a bunch of work into it only to have it not work in the future.

once the file format is nailed down, I'll be throwing a definition editor for the datastream files into TunerPro, so you can have at it.

I also don't' recommend editing the datastream files by hand. theres a lot of "hidden meaning" in many of the fields that you can't understand just by looking at the file. The only reason I even kept it plain-text was to make it easy for *me* during development. =)
Hey Mark, nice program. I'm about 99% done with my .ECU file for 92 Y & 93 F Cars with the LT1 engine. Now I'm about 95% done with the ALDL Def file. The only thing I have not got is the Command Strings.

I was wondering if you could help me out? I would appreciate your help. Oh one more thing, I have so many Data Bits that alot of them are OFF the screen and not visible! Maybe in the next release you could make the user interface a little more friendly.

Thanks. ~Paul
ZPaul2Fresh8

Post by ZPaul2Fresh8 »

Mangus wrote:I believe their exponential scaling factor is the equivelant of mult,div, bit in the ECU.

when their exp. sc. factor is set to -1, that means divide (x^-1 = 1/x), which the same as setting mult, div, bit to "1" in the ECU (0 = multiply, 1 = divide, 2 = bitwise).

so, I can (almost) guarantee that what you want in the ECU is to set mult, div, bit, to "1", then set the factor to 983040, and the size to "2" (2 bytes = 16 bits).

That should do it. :-D

Thanks for registering Mikael!
Oh yeah, I wanted to comment on this also. I'm having the same problem with my fuel cutoff constants. The only way I can get the data to be accurate is to set the operation to Divide, the Factor to 983040.00 and to set the element size to 16 bits (2).

Now, that seems to work, but heres the problem with that way. The constant slider will range from 15 to 983040, backwards! Is there anyway to fix this to make it easier to use the slider? Thanks.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Paul,

Yes on your first post, no on your second.

Both your issues are addressed in the next version (more space for aldl data and slider linearization).

thanks for your feedback.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am