Datalogging Freeze at WOT

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

roostmeyer

Datalogging Freeze at WOT

Post by roostmeyer »

Maybe 75% of the time I go WOT, stab the gas from a stop light, etc, the data logging in tuner pro will stop. For whatever reason, if I ease into the gas a little slower, it doesn’t seem to do this as often. The COM port is still active and the laptop won’t go into standby mode because of this. I have to reboot the computer to alleviate the issue. After it does this tuner pro still functions, but no more data being recorded and the dash stops on the last frame usually about 3800 rpm, my stall speed. If I click the connect to device button it disconnects from the auto prom, but trying to reconnect will lock up tuner pro entirely. Converted CSV logs stop at the same point as the dash. Never does this hitting large bumps (WS6 suspension is a bit rough) braking hard etc.

I’m heading to the drag strip this weekend and I’d like to be able to get at least half my runs data logged!

Laptop is a 20g EEE PC, 900mhz Celeron, 512mb ram running a two month old install of XP and is pretty much rock solid besides this issue. Tried moving the AP around to see if it’s a loose connection, but it doesn’t change anything. Also I just installed the newest USB drivers for the auto prom. I’m going to try scanner pro this evening and see if it does the same thing with it.

Car is an 88 GTA running a 730 ECM with SAUJP_V4 version 1024. 408ci, pro topline heads, lt1 intake etc. etc.
I had some issues converting it to SD, but its been running like a champ the last few weeks. Only weird part is only getting knock counts on startup/shutdown.

Has anybody had similar issues to this? Also is there anyway I can force a disconnect of the COM port?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

This wouldn't be a bug in TunerPro itself. Sounds like perhaps a driver issue.

Unplug the AutoProm from the PC to reset the COM port.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
roostmeyer

Post by roostmeyer »

unplugging the autoprom doesn't help, I've brought the laptop inside after a drive and it still will lock up tuner pro and not go into standby. I used all the newest drivers from Asus when I did the XP install as well, although it wouldn't suprise me if there is an issue there.

Hopefully scanner pro will won't do this to me.

I might try copying my tables over to a basic aujp bin and see if it still does it even though I'll have to have run closed loop to keep the idle happy...
roostmeyer

Post by roostmeyer »

Ok, disconnecting the USB does work, I guess if tuner pro is already locked up, then disconnecting doesn't do anything.

I've got an extra USB cable sitting around, I'll see if that helps the situation at all. Couldn't get scanner pro to work, but barely even tried with it. For scanner pro will I have to do passthrough mode on the auto prom?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Yes. Scannerpro is passthrough only.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
roostmeyer

Post by roostmeyer »

Scanner Pro is doing the same thing, I jiggled connections for a few minutes and got it to lock up, but couldn't get it to happen again. The new USB cable changed nothing at all.

I'm going to try taping all the connections in question and run down the aldl wires on the ECM and make sure they're secure as well.
autotroniks

Post by autotroniks »

I used to run into these issues constantly with my old autoprom. It only would happen when I was realtime tuning. I got to the point where I wouda no longer tune in real time. A firmware update may have resolved this but it is a moot point as I no longer use an autoprom. Still rocking moates stuff, just all seperate components.