DEF & bin files sr20De(t) and need help?

Discuss Nissan tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

taiajam

DEF & bin files sr20De(t) and need help?

Post by taiajam »

I used the sr20 def file (s13srrt)
and the sr20 binfiles (3 of them)

all of them have strange displays in the maps.

is the def file incorrect? i need help

i have a view def files, i cant host them. so i some can host em, ill send them

i have sr20 de(t)
ca18
ect..[/img]
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

Your fuel map looks normal. Values above 127 indicate closed loop operation. Check out theHybridka Forum for lots of Nissan tuning information.

Cheers,
Dave
taiajam

Post by taiajam »

thanx, i was thinking something like that, but the 2nd fuelmap shows nubers like -90 -10 0 10 30 ect..

the ignition maps display the same. is really akward to see it in a 3d graph.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

While I don't do anything with the Nissan ECU (I'm using a GM ECM on my Nissan L28), I would hesitate to use an XDF that makes the maps look like that. The maps should be somewhat smooth, at least no LARGE transitions and no negative numbers.

I can get the same thing or similar to display any of my bins, just by using the wrong xdf.

The other thing that might be happening is that when the E/EPROM was read the wrong chip was selected and has moved the information to the wrong addresses. I.E. using the 27C128 selection of a programmer to read a 27C256 E/EPROM. This would cut off the first half of the information, and then display very oddly with ANY xdf. Same thing happens when going the other way, though I know with my Willems programmers the bin will just be read twice into the buffer, still doesn't usually display correctly in Tuner pro though.
taiajam

Post by taiajam »

i found the files on forums, and people on the forums told me to get those files.

like dfddfd2 said. it something with open/closeloop

there is a afr conversion table. something like this
128 -> 195 = Leaner -> lean
0 ->127 = Rich -> Richer..

its really strange. i have the conversiontable(not on the pc where im at rigth now)

but the table doesnt apply for the 2nd fuelmap, an both the ingnition maps.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Not usually. Closed and open loop only effects the way the O2 sensor controls fuel, and how the correctins are applied, not how the fuel tables look.

Unless I'm missing something about look up strategies of the Nissan ECU.

An engine is just an engine, no matter who makes it and all will want similar traits in fueling and spark.

The graph that you have pictured above just doesn't look right at all.
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

That's just how Nissan decided to do it. The pictured map is correct. Take a look at the conversion tab to see how the numbers displayed in the map are converted.

Cheers,
Dave
taiajam

Post by taiajam »

with the conversion table it makes sence...
the display of the map is correct (if the afr conversiontable is correct)

but this only applies to the primary fuel map !

Ill post the conversion table later this day, and printscreens of the ign maps.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I haven't yet, but plan to add support for these Nissan "MSB" maps to TunerPro. I just need to figure out a smooth, generic way to do it.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
taiajam

Post by taiajam »

I stated in my prev post, that it is only in the primary fuelmap, but it is also in the ignitionmaps. so the problem is solved with the conversion table. But.... 1 question left....

ok here is another printscreen

its the primary and Feedback of the primary.

what does the feedback map do?

dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

Mangus wrote:I haven't yet, but plan to add support for these Nissan "MSB" maps to TunerPro. I just need to figure out a smooth, generic way to do it.
I tried using the & operator (X & 127) and all the map values displayed as 0, so maybe thats not working.

You might implement the conditional and relational operators in the conversion tab. (ex: (X > 128) ? X-128 : X) It would be nice to specify signed vs. unsigned values also.

Dave
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

taiajam wrote:what does the feedback map do?
Your best bet is to search and read through the Nissan tuning forums (I linked one in my original post), then join the forum and ask Nissan specific questions there. You'll find other Nissan tuners using TunerPro also.

Cheers,
Dave
Calum

Post by Calum »

taiajam wrote:I stated in my prev post, that it is only in the primary fuelmap, but it is also in the ignitionmaps. so the problem is solved with the conversion table. But.... 1 question left....

ok here is another printscreen

its the primary and Feedback of the primary.

what does the feedback map do?
Note that for both 'maps' I've got the xdf pointing at the same address. This is because Nissan is using a bit in each value to represent something within the map. In the case of the fuel map this is the region where the ecu is going to use the O2 sensor to make adjustments. In the case of the timing map this is where the ecu is going to use the knock sensor.

Because this flag is embedded in the values, just looking at the raw numbers looks weird. Think about the different views like a pair of bi-focals- one view is for editing the feedback region of the map, and the other is for editing the no feedback. When your editing one, its really obvious what your supposed to be editing- if the numbers are negative or look odd, they're for the other view!

Yea, if/then in the expression evaluator would be slick.
calum -at- calumsult -dot- com
tunermt

Post by tunermt »

where can i find this conversion table to better understand the values in the fuel/ign maps?

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead!
taiajam

Post by taiajam »

np, I dont know where you can find it... but i still have it.

Its an excell file.. I can share it...

here is the link (available till 30 march)
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1430350254/e ... 8489656edf
tunermt

Post by tunermt »

Thank you very much my friend!