Ford F250 on woodgas GL0U catch code

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

jdspread

Ford F250 on woodgas GL0U catch code

Post by jdspread »

Hi guys,

I have a 1990 F250 with a catch code of GL(zero)U. Paul Booth is currently working on a definition file for me. I am currently running my truck on woodgas.... Yes my truck runs on wood. I have a Burn1, F3, and F2a ect. I am looking for some tuners who are willing to help tweak this EEC to run better on woodgas. Woodgas is a low energy fuel and acceleration is terrible, it requires a lot of spark advance to run and due to the slow flame front rpm’s under power is really limited to 3000 rpm. I plan on adding a little gasoline to the mix to help with acceleration, woodgas does a pretty good job of holding a rpm once it gets there.

I am looking to do both banks of the F3 one for gasoline and one for woodgas. I hope to be able to cut some static advance off the bottom of my gasoline file so I can advance the distributor to get enough advance on the woodgas side of the program.

If anyone is willing to get involved in this alternitive energy project, I would really appreciate the help. I can email you my bin file and the definition file when I get it. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Jonathan