Virgin Tuner Introduction.

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

westic

Virgin Tuner Introduction.

Post by westic »

I am a real noob to all electronic engine tuning and have just downloaded TunerPro.
Thanks to the creator for a great bit of coding.
I am venturing into a bit of eprom hacking for a specific reason.
I have a VS Ecotec with 4L60-E. which is going into a 1990 Toyota 4Runner.
I need to disable the Vats, slightly alter the TC Lockup characteristics and wire in a suitable "manual TC lockup switch for towing and steep decents.

I am after a $51 xdf.
The ECM is a 16210672 which I believe is 27C010 eprom.

As you can imagine this is a really steep learning curve for the unitiated but better to do it yourself and learn a bit along the way.
I have a VT Calais, VR Commode, VS Calais and will soon have the VS powered 4Runner all with slightly different ECM/BCM modules so I think investing in the tools to tune them is well worth the cost.
As a "NooB" I may ask some really dumb questions but please bear with me.

THanks in advance for any help I get.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Unfortunately I have yet to see information or definitions for $51, so I can't help you out with that one! Sorry! It seems to be a relatively common mask in Oz, so I'm unsure why info is so scarce.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mick

Hummmm

Post by Mick »

Yeah, the $51 is the start of the 27c010 memcals and they carry for quite a few years.

Not to many people want to give up the info for some reason. Kalmaker has it under control but I hear the software is Dos. I'm not that old.

You need to split the rom into 2 x 64 blocks so you can disassemble with hc6811.

This is the part that everyone borks on. Tracking where the code goes from block to block is no easy task.

I know of a number of people who say they are workinng in this direction, but, I'm yet to see somebody share such a working definition file with the diy-efi community. Long over due really....:)

Holden cheaped out on the pcm's, you USA guys got the LT1 flash pcm's and we got stuck with these.

O what a feeling!!!!!

Cheers

Mick
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Kalmaker? Can you point me to this software and everything needed for it for $51?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am