admin rights for installation

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

ashman

admin rights for installation

Post by ashman »

noticed that the latest version 10/21 requires admin rights for install. is this necessary? may be an issue for some :wink:
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Requiring Admin rights to install programs is a computer set-up issue, not a program issue. Make sure you are in the admin account (sounds like you are using Windoze XP or Vista, though I'm not very familar with Vista), or that the account you are using has permission to add/remove programs.

I have the latest build (4.14.0366.00) on my laptop and did not have any Admin rights window come up while I was installing.

*EDIT*

I looked on the main site and noticed a newer build than the one I had, which is now 4.14.0369.00, so I downloaded it to my PC and installed it no problem. I really think it's an accout issue you are having.
ashman

Post by ashman »

it's definitely a computer issue. i like to keep a copy at work for looking at logs. something has changed with this update, as to not allow installation without admin rights (which i don't have) that wasn't the case with previous revs.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Could it be that admin rights were changed on your computer when you weren't there? By IT?
ashman

Post by ashman »

can install all versions prior to 10/21. after 10/21, admin rights required.

any ideas Mangus?
ashman

Post by ashman »

:?: