Test for valid cable problem with RT 4.14.0330 (4.14.0323)

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

glen_h

Test for valid cable problem with RT 4.14.0330 (4.14.0323)

Post by glen_h »

1.) Latest Version 4.14.0323 reports as 4.14.0330 using the HELP/ABOUT menu.

2.) I noticed that the "Test for valid cable using settings" button located in the TOOLS/PREFERENCES/ALDL EMULATION menu would always report "cable not found or not functioning" in the latest version of TP RT. I tested it on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista with the same results. I uninstalled the latest version of RT and reinstalled version 4.14.0030.00 and it worked fine again. At first I thought that my ALDU1 or a cable had failed but the previous version of RT worked just fine.

Thanks for all the hard work Mark,

Glen
3400beretta

Post by 3400beretta »

Same problem here.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I had the same problem the other day, tested with a couple different test programs. TP RT had the issue.

It would at times indicate a valid cable in the test, but when the cable was plugged into the ALDL port, it would lose connection or validity. I would re-tst and be fine, then it failed for a couple hours, later it connected fine and has been fine since. Tried closing and re-opening a couple times, but didn't help at the time. It just started working. *shrug*