B58 MAF Scaling

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

shaun4d

B58 MAF Scaling

Post by shaun4d »

Afternoon,

I am new to ECU tuning and enjoying learning the aspects of tuning but feel I may have thrown myself in the deep end with the Bosch ECU.

I signed up for the HP Academy Training Course suite which is a great resource of the fundamentals but seems more tailored to standalone ECU tuning or simpler stock ECU reflash tuning.

I completed datalogs of the stock tune and noticed there were considerable timing corrections and total fuel trims. I wanted to address these first before requesting any additional torque etc. I have been able to address the timing correction issue but I am struggling to find the correct table to correct MAF to reduce the total fuel trims to say <+/-5%. I also seem to get a lean fuel spike during (or immediately after) tip-in transient throttle. I have successfully used the fuel scalar table to reduce the total fuel trims but I am aware that this isnt the correct solution to my problem as if I change my target AFR table then the fuel scalar table needs to be changed again. Also, this method hasn't solved the lean fueling spike during tip-in (although the AFR deviation from the target is reduced).

First of all, I see from the datalog channels that there are numerous measurements for MAF (HFM, throttle, pre-turbine etc). I think it would be good to learn under what operating conditions are each MAF measurement being used e.g. is the HFM sensor used during partial throttle and does it change to speed density during full throttle?

I've changed a number of tables that include reference to correction to MAF/mass air flow but none seem to have the impact that I was expecting/desired. Can anyone advise on what tables should be used?