Super Noob!

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

CapnJack

Super Noob!

Post by CapnJack »

So I'm really new at this. I have a 2004 Ford Ranger with the 4.0 engine. I also have a obdlink mx+ scanner. From what I have read so far it seems that tunerpro will not write to the pcm and that I need a second app for that. Is that correct? If so, is there a free one? What would you suggest? Also, I have, from what I can tell, a pretty common issue where a lean condition is created just after shifting into overdrive and it causes the engine to misfire. It seems the common fix is to upgrade the coil pack. But, to me it seems that a change in the air fuel ratio at that rpm under that load in that gear would make more sense. Any advice on how to go about doing that? Thanks in advance! I look foreward to learning more and diving deeper into tuning!
HiramWindler

Re: Super Noob!

Post by HiramWindler »

To write to your PCM with Tunerprogetting over it, you need to have a compatible hardware device and a matching definition file. You may also need to have a backup of your original PCM data, in case something goes wrong and you need to restore it.