Opening log error

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

saltwater

Opening log error

Post by saltwater »

In the newest(actual) version of TunerPro I encounter error related to opening logs. Saving log works ok, but when trying to open it or any other (older, genereted in previus ver of app) everytime error 0xC appears. Log file is correct. I can open it on another pc with older app.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Re: Opening log error

Post by Mangus »

I've heard of a couple of reports of this and have had XDL/ADX files sent, but I have yet to be able to reproduce it. My assumption is that this is related to the paths to the files, since that is the main area of code change between the working and non-working version.

Can you tell me what the full path is to your XDL and ADX files are in your case?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
saltwater

Post by saltwater »

"My assumption is that this is related to the paths to the files"
I tested this theory before Your reply. No matter where XDL and ADX files are. Even both files placed directly in C:\ or in program installation directory still got the error. Playing with files/directories permission or opening program with admin rights doesn't change anything. Because during the update of the program I skipped several versions, I will try to test if there is an error in each previous one or just the latest.
Mickey_Moose

Post by Mickey_Moose »

I too am having this issue.

Yes, the error listed is 0xC

XDL/ADX files are located on the desktop (Windows 7). I have tried several saved files and running the current version.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thanks for the info. I'll try to add additional logging to the next build to see if we can figure out the cause. Saltwater, are you running Windows 7 as well?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
bleyva

Post by bleyva »

I am having this same error and cant open any of my previews logs or new logs, is there a fix for this yet or should I just revert back to previous version.
I am using windows 7 as well and all my logs are on the desktop. Never had an issue on the previews version
Barbars

Post by Barbars »

I am having the same 0xC error.

Anyone has figured out a solution?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I've finally been able to figure this out. It will be fixed in the next release.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
bleyva

Post by bleyva »

If ya don't mind me asking what was the issue?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

multibyte to wide string conversion flag and buffer issue. not sure why it only affected a few people.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
bleyva

Post by bleyva »

Works great now I have no idea what you are talking about but thanks again.