Floating Point Data Type doesn't work

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

19gs

Floating Point Data Type doesn't work

Post by 19gs »

Trying to create a 32-bit scalar with a single precision floating point data type by checking the "Floating Point" checkbox on the General tab. When hitting ok or apply, an error message pops up stating "Floating point type must not have transformation. Equation must be 'X'." I did not define an equation, and looking at the Conversion tab the Expression is simply the default "X". This appears to be a bug and I cannot find any way to define a floating point data type for the scalar.
19gs

Re: Floating Point Data Type doesn't work

Post by 19gs »

This is a strange issue. Apparently it only happens if there is no bin file loaded. Not sure what the item definition has to do with having a bin image but if I create a dummy bin (all 0's) and load it, then selecting the floating point data type appears to work, so at least a workaround.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Re: Floating Point Data Type doesn't work

Post by Mangus »

I'll have to look back through my logs. That's a previously-known issue that I thought was fixed. I'll take a look.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am