86 Camaro 2.8 1227302 Dashboard edit

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

fishermandude

86 Camaro 2.8 1227302 Dashboard edit

Post by fishermandude »

Hi everyone, Any help would be greatly appreciated. As the title suggest im trying to add/edit the dashboard but have not been successful in any of my attempts. Such as changing colors or gauge type.

Every attempt in modifying has been met with the TunerPro program performing an automatic shut down.

I have loaded other ADX files not suited for my application and have been able to edit definition as suggested in other threads. But does not seem to work with my application.

Here is my setup.
Acer Aspire 5349, Windows 7 Home, 64bit OS, Intel Celeron CPU B800@1.50GHZ, RAM 2.00 GB

TunerPro RT
1.ADX file name- 1986 - 89 2.8L V6 (LB6 & LB8) - F A J Body 1227302 $3A
2.XDF file name- 3A.xdf
3.Bin file name- ANZA

I have tried changing the ADX file from "Read Only" but it still performs the auto shutdown.

Thanks again for any help or advise.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Where did the ADX come from, and what steps specifically cause the crash? Also, are you using the latest available build of TunerPro?

If I can get ahold of the files, I can try to repro and ultimately fix.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
fishermandude

Post by fishermandude »

Thanks Mangus for your assistance.
While doing the search for the info you requested I believe ive figured it out that I was using the wrong adx file. I should have used the A20.adx file from tunerpro.net instead of the file shown below that I assume was in the program download "TunerPro RT USB DirectADX Definitions". The adx definition below appears to be the same with the exception you cannot edit.

I will follow up tomorrow when I have a chance to connect to the vehicle to be sure.

TunerPro Version 5.00, Build 5.00.8519.00

The ADX file is from tunerpro.net

Mask ID ECM Bin Definition Datastream Def Application

$3A 1227302 3A.xdf A20.ads 86-89 F Body V6 (LB6/LB8) (ADS by Robert Saar)

The shutdown occurs when opening the Acquisition drop down menu, and clicking on the "Edit Definition". I receive the Windows Error Message "TunerPro-Automobile Tuning and Diagnostics Software has stopped working". And the generic "Windows will close the program and notify when a solution is available.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I'm not sure I follow, but it sounds like you're good to go. That's good news.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am