Difference tool - copy changes won't stick

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

tightmopedman9

Difference tool - copy changes won't stick

Post by tightmopedman9 »

Irregardless of the direction of copy (left to right, or right to left) the item being copied is removed from the difference list, but the change is not applied to the .bin. Once the .bin is reloaded the change reappears in the difference tool.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I can't repro this. I opened my XDF, my main bin, and a different compare bin. I run the difference request, copy a byte in the difference list from left to right (also works right to left). I run the difference query again (either in the existing window or by closing and reopening the difference tool), and the copied addresses no longer show up in the query.

If you're trying this across TUnerPro instances, you do have to save the bin to file, first. That the copy operation doesn't mark the bin as changed is a bug that's been reported that has already fixed for the next release (due shortly).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
tightmopedman9

Post by tightmopedman9 »

Solved. The problem was that I didn't save the .bin after applying the changes. Since I didn't see the asterisk next to the file name I assumed that the copy changes were applied automatically. Saving the .bin after applying the changes fixed it.

Thanks
tightmopedman9

Post by tightmopedman9 »

I take back my previous post. The changes do not stick. If you copy in the difference tool, save the .bin and re-open the difference tool the changes appear to stick. However, checking with a hex editor reveals that the changes weren't applied.

I have tried this on numerous files, all with the same result.