TunerPro crashes when saving change and reopening parameter

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

ssp316

TunerPro crashes when saving change and reopening parameter

Post by ssp316 »

Hi,
Long time tunerpro user. But now I'm defining a rom from a new 32 bit ecu. The general setup for the parameter is:

Cell Data Size: 4 byte (32 bit)
Floating point checked
Major Order: Row
Major Stride: 0
Minor Stride: 0
Output Type: Floating Point
Decimal Places: 2

When I make a change to the cell data value and then close the window (and committing changes), everything works as expected. However, when I reopen the parameter than I changed, the window is full grey and the program crashes.

I've discovered that it only crashes when I have the floating point box checked. When unchecked, no issue other than the values not being converted properly as one would expect.

Any ideas?
ssp316

Post by ssp316 »

Udpate:

Still having the same problem but have some more info that may help troubleshoot. If I view and edit the table value in raw hex, everything is fine. But this means looking at 3F 00 00 00 instead of 0.5. If i want to raise the value to 1.0, I would have to stay with raw hex viewing and input 3F 80 00 00.

If I don't view in raw hex I will see 0.5 to start out with. Then if I enter 1.0, commit to bin and reopen the table, TunerPro crashes. And then if I look at my bin with a hex viewer, the value shows FF FF FF FF, not 3F 80 00 00 as it should be.

Hopefully this provides some more insight as to what is going on.

Any help would be much appreciated!
ssp316

Post by ssp316 »

Anyone?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

There are a couple of issues in IEEE floating point handling related to this that I need to work through.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
ssp316

Post by ssp316 »

Mangus wrote:There are a couple of issues in IEEE floating point handling related to this that I need to work through.
Thanks for the reply Mark. Good to know I wasn't doing something wrong. By no means do I want to pressure you but when do you think you will have this sorted out? Days, weeks, months? The only reason I ask is that we are about to release an open source flashing device (with complete xdfs) and I want to keep using tunerpro as supporting software. But if its going to be a while I'd have to go with something else for the time being and convert my XDFs to another file format which would be unfortunate :)
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

That's certainly impetus to get it fixed. =) Email me with more info on what you're working on.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
ssp316

Post by ssp316 »

Thanks Mark... Email sent with bin and XDF :)
Great support sir!!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Fixed in the build released last night.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am