92 Ford F150 Pickup

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

fstfwd

92 Ford F150 Pickup

Post by fstfwd »

Ok, we are working with a 92 F150, 302 EFI, E40D trans, 4x4.. Engine is newly rebuilt, stock roller cam. Only addition is long tube headers and true dual exhaust. Engine won't idle very well. Idles up and down, randomly dies, exhaust smells rich, etc.

I have been using tunerpro in additon to DynamicEFI's EBL Flash with on a 90 chevy TBI 350 pickup (headers, cam, etc). Dealt with almost the same issues, but after tuning, I am very happy with the results.

Looking for a solution to the Ford P/U not running. I am not scared of diving into tuning it. As posted above, I have experience with tunerpro, as well as HPTuners for the gm ls crowd. After some internet browsing, I am looking at the quarterhorse ford tuner at Moates.

Another issue to tackle is, we are interested in going to a Ford mustang or lincoln 5.0 mass airflow setup.

What path to take here? Has anyone worked with the 92+ ford pickup NON maf systems, either tuning or adding the maf sensor?

Any guidance or tips here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendan
fstfwd

Post by fstfwd »

Also, I do have the Ford #'s from the stock ecm. Will post them when I get home this afternoon

Brendan