Blank Analog Gauges?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

smallblock87

Blank Analog Gauges?

Post by smallblock87 »

I own an '86 Corvette and I just got my Moates cable today. I'm so excited to be using this program as a virtual dash for my car. It's so awesome! However, I can't seem to get the analog gauges working. The digital gauges work just fine but the analog gauges just stay blank.

They have a circle around them, no tick marks show up, no needle, and all of the numbers (min, max, current) read 0. If I turn that same gauge to digital the number pops right up and works great. Anyone ever have this problem?

:?:

Thanks in advance!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
smallblock87

Post by smallblock87 »

Thanks for the response. I think I've read in other threads that you're the developer, right (Edit: and now that I've seen your sig it's a little obvious...duh)? Way to go on this program. It is too cool.

As for my issue, I've read through that thread you posted a couple times before. Can't quite see how it will help me. I've done everything essentially the way he has. I've even created more simplistic dashes for testing...to no avail. Got any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

perhaps you can upload the ADX (somewhere) you've been playing with so that we can try and find where you're having issues?
smallblock87

Post by smallblock87 »

Well I'm using the one from this site, $32. The simplest test I did was to simply create a new gauge (Edit Definition>Dashboard>Add New Item). I give it the custom ID (generally something like TEST). Then I add a new gauge, it is analog by default, and set "Item" to Engine Speed. Next I save, pull up the gauge, and connect to the ECM. Here is a picture of what is displayed after all of that:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z40 ... hboard.jpg

If I go back to Edit Definition and change the gauge to Digital Numbers, Save, pull up the dash and connect, then the numbers pop right up and everything works fine.

I've made a few other slightly more complex dashboards on copies of the original ADX and the same thing happens on all of them. The digital numbers work great and the analog gauges look blank with the 0 values.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z40 ... hboard.jpg

Hopefully this is a better description. Thanks for the help :D
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

interesting.....

in the Values section of the ADX editor, what are the Range High and Range Low values set to? perhaps try 0 and 6000?

i changed mine from 0 and 7500 to both 0 and my guage ended up looking like yours did.
smallblock87

Post by smallblock87 »

Wow, that was it. You nailed it on the head first try! Thanks so much.