Table X and Y axis data from bin

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

terokoo

Table X and Y axis data from bin

Post by terokoo »

I couldn't figure a way to pull X and Y axis label values from BIN-file, for example RPM and Engine Load scales. This would be a great feature, since there's often need to change tha scale of things.

The scales often are somewhere else than the table itself.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Yes, Honda and Ford both use this type of scaling. It is on the list to be implemented.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
MADMAX

Post by MADMAX »

Any status on this yet? I would really like to be use tunerpro RT more but I had to stop after that tables and even those aren't correct since the scales are fixed.

I use Honda ECU's so there are many things that I can not implement easily. I'll post more things to add that would make it easier for us honda guys and even other people.

Thank for the software, I really like the idea of what tunerpro brings to the table.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Full Honda support isn't going to be near-term, since there are so many other good (and free) solutions out there.

The embedded axis definitions will be in the next version of TunerPro, due out Sunday.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
ericruhl

How do we use it?

Post by ericruhl »

Mangus wrote:The embedded axis definitions will be in the next version of TunerPro, due out Sunday.
Can you explain how to do this? I have the latest version of TunerPro (4.12.1751.00), but I don't see how to link the row and column lables to locations within the bin file (or better yet, to another XDF item's output)?

Fwiw the application is Nissan and the fuel and timing maps use RPM and TP scales for the X and Y axes. I've been looking forward to this feature, I just can't figure out how to use it.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Re: How do we use it?

Post by Mangus »

[quote="ericruhl"]Can you explain how to do this? I have the latest version of TunerPro (4.12.1751.00), but I don't see how to link the row and column lables to locations within the bin file (or better yet, to another XDF item's output)?

Fwiw the application is Nissan and the fuel and timing maps use RPM and TP scales for the X and Y axes. I've been looking forward to this feature, I just can't figure out how to use it.[/quote]

It's not in 1751. I've got it in and working, but I'm now adding the ability to link to other XDF items. Hopefully it won't take too much longer. Sorry about the delay.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
ericruhl

Re: How do we use it?

Post by ericruhl »

Mangus wrote:It's not in 1751. I've got it in and working, but I'm now adding the ability to link to other XDF items. Hopefully it won't take too much longer. Sorry about the delay.
Thanks for the clarification Mark, and no problem at all with the delay. I appreciate the software and your efforts. Thanks for continuing to develop TunerPro!
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Sorted as of v4.13.0183, works flawlessly on eec-iv code :D
ericruhl

Post by ericruhl »

I got it working using the Internal, Pure option, but I wasn't able to figure out how to use the Internal, Scale/Norm. option. When I click on Browse it won't let me select any of the tables. I already have the axes converted as separate tables so I was hoping I could just point to those tables. I couldn't figure it out so I used the Internal, Pure option and just converted the axes again. Soooo nice to have this feature implemented. Thanks for including this Mark!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Pure internal is probably the way to go. Scale/Normalizer is actually meant for linking to functions, and is a Ford thing (a normalizer is a table that has 2 columns: row number and value at that row, that allow you to "scale" an axis).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am