Tuning LA3

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

oharris

Tuning LA3

Post by oharris »

I'm trying to tune my 2.3 Turbo with an LA3. I downloaded an LA3 bin and used the .xdf file from the tuner pro site. It gave me garbage values, things like 4000 rpm idle speeds and 13lb injectors. I also tried uploading the unaltered bin to the quarter horse and it ran like crap. Then I read the sticky on this forum about removing the padding from tuner pro bins to use in other tuning software, so I added 8k worth of nulls to the beginning of the bin and then I got reasonable values. I uploaded the padded bin to the quarterhorse and it runs like stock. I thought I was golden! Then I tried changing things and nothing! Increasing or decreasing the idle did nothing. I tried changing the injector slope expecting to see a change in my air fuel gauge and still nothing. So, what am I doing wrong?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

I think the T23B.xdf is for TunerPro v4 which may be the problem. It's been a long while since anything was done with that xdf so I cannot remember for definite.
oharris

Post by oharris »

The xdf just points to different points in the bin and translates it to human readable data correct? What would be different about that? Did other definitions require changes with newer TuerPro versions?