EEC-IV & EEC-V with Tuner Pro & new to the software help if possible!

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

tomanycars

EEC-IV & EEC-V with Tuner Pro & new to the software help if possible!

Post by tomanycars »

hi

My name is Adam , and i made a purchase of a Moates reader with the ford J3 connector. , at the same time i made a purchase of turner pro , i thought i could wing getting to grips with it but No. i figured out a need an make a XDF file , which is extrapolated from a .BIN file , now i am based in the UK so the catch codes , and various other reasons i cant just wing it.

so my question is how do I find the right areas of the BIN file , which holds the data , and then is able to find the corresponding address line with the corresponding , byte , the locating the correct bit. and then do what ever i need to do to get it to work in tuner pro so i can create and XDF file.
that sort of thing,

thanks very much hopefully that made sense!
wwhite

Re: EEC-IV & EEC-V with Tuner Pro & new to the software help if possible!

Post by wwhite »

You need to disassemble your bin file, or look for similar bin and already made xdf.

Use SAD to disassemble, and then use similar bin with already made xdf to decipher.
Disassembling is not an easy process. I finally have my bin 100% disassembled taking almost 2.5 years part time.

Is your EEC 8061 or 8065?
tomanycars

Re: EEC-IV & EEC-V with Tuner Pro & new to the software help if possible!

Post by tomanycars »

wwhite wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:23 am You need to disassemble your bin file, or look for similar bin and already made xdf.

Use SAD to disassemble, and then use similar bin with already made xdf to decipher.
Disassembling is not an easy process. I finally have my bin 100% disassembled taking almost 2.5 years part time.

Is your EEC 8061 or 8065?

I have been speaking to a variety of companies state side in the last few months regarding this , as i am very "green" with it all , and i found out eventually that i would need to decode my bin file , and due to the code hardware code changes for state side to uk side , its almost impossible to find the right one. , with 1 exception , 1 company did find 1 ( i have 6 test ecu's) test ecu i have here, which had an updated code which crossed over.

now some are 8065 and some are the newer eec-v dpc style ones , but are eec-v , not the newer PSA style etc's

now you might be wondering why i am trying to find this out , 1 to learn , and the other is to find out how to turn the IMMO off on the older ecu's , why you may ask? the answer is i get alot of banger racers that use the ford st170 engine package , and want to use the factory ecu but it either doesn't come with the chip or needs a key coding in. so am I'm giving them an option and well making money for the wider business. as i have to turn it away. which is not the name of a business. its there to make money.