Correction of the ADX file

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

pit

Correction of the ADX file

Post by pit »

Hello
I am new to the forum and greetings to all.
I write via Google translator
I need help receiving data from OBD2 and interpreting it.
Pid 010C answer 41 0C data 0C 1C, everything is clear here, but when:
Pid 2102 answer 61 02 data A2 69 13 80 00 03 12 C8 73 43 9A 10 27 06 A9 02 B3 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 00 6A 00 2F 4E C9 4D C2
Formula D / 8.88 Value 0-16V,
In this Pid there are several Formulas A, B, C, D, E, F, J, L, M, N, P, Q, TV, WX, Y, AB, Z
How to write this in the adx peak.
Thank you and best regards
MerryFrankster

Re: Correction of the ADX file

Post by MerryFrankster »

Did you find and answer for this? I am also interested in "extended response" mode 21 PID's.

I think this is what we can do:

First download the sample elm327 adx file from the tunerpro website, and load it under the "Acquisition" menu, using "Load Definition File."

Then you open the ADX Editor, under the Acquisition menu, using "Edit Definition..."

Under "Commands" you define the Request for your custom PID.
Under "Commands' you define the Reply for your custom PID. Under "Body Size" you can define the length of the returned data in bytes. Or you can use the Header and Footer as delimeters for the data, if your PID has a header and footer in the reply.
Under "Commands" you define a Macro that sends the request and listens for the reply.

(this is all done by analogy to the PID's in the sample adx. The only difference is all the sample PID's have a length of either 1 or 2 bytes for the reply, but your custom PID has a different length for the reply).

Next,

Under "Values" you define each of the variable names you want to parse from the Reply.
For each variable name, you associate the variable with the Reply command for your PID, that you created previously under "Commands," using the "Command Association" drop-down.
For each variable name, you set the Packet Offset and the Source Data Size (8-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit) to select the appropriate bytes, using the "Packet Offset" dialog box and the "Source Data Size" drop-down.

I think this should do it. Now I am going to go and try it.