Looking for more info on variable names/data

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

nivlem7

Looking for more info on variable names/data

Post by nivlem7 »

Recently started using Tunerpro on a 1995 K1500 5.7L with 4L60E transmission. So far it seems like an incredibly useful tool for datalogging. I have used it for a week, so I'm still learning, but it is similar to other automotive diagnostic tools that I've used. Really excited to see what is possible with this tool!

I am using the $0D adx file (http://tunerpro.net/download/datastream ... D_v250.adx)

I am trying to troubleshoot some torque converter behavior.

When TCC lockup occurs in 3rd or 4th, at vehicle speeds in the 35-50 MPH range, it feels like the torque convert is kicking in and out - RPMs drop a few hundred, then jump back up every second or so. If I tap the brakes, TCC lockup disengages, and RPMs stay at the higher level.

Watching the following variables is interesting:

TCC is being forced off - value is always "False"

TCC Enable Solenoid - always valid except when TCC applied changes state, then one instance of "invalid" when TCC Applied changes from TRUE to FALSE

TCC in Release Mode due to slipping - One instance of True just after "TCC in lock-adjust mode" changes from TRUE to FALSE, otherwise always FALSE

TCC in lock-adjust mode - Appears to be TRUE shortly after "TCC applied" changes from FALSE to TRUE

TCC applied - TRUE when in 3rd or 4th gear and TCC lockup is expected.

Negative Slip recently prevents TCC apply - Always FALSE

I cannot find any description of what "TCC in lock-adjust mode" means - a google search finds nothing, and I've perused a few forums, but can't seem to find a better description of what this means.

More generally, how would one find the details on the adx file variables, and what they particularly indicate?