BAUD change to 160 in ADX file

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

cyclemotor

BAUD change to 160 in ADX file

Post by cyclemotor »

Hi, I just got V5 with my purchase of the Moates APU1. I'm trying to data log and can't get a connection to my vehicle. It's a 7747 TBI computer from
88 Suburban. I have the moates unit set to pass through. I am trying to edit the baud to 160 in ADX file $42-1227747-V3T.adx. thinking this may be required. The file won't let me save this change. It just goes back to the default 1200 setting when I reopen it.

V5 says my cable passed the check but it just gets hung up at this connecting message and never does anything. Any ideas?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

1200 may be the lowest setting available. I know I was using a program many moons ago, IIRC it was Scanner Pro, where the lowest setting was the one that worked.

FWIW, Scannerpro, for the most part was integrated with TP RT, with the V5 release, so the same thing should apply here.
cyclemotor

Post by cyclemotor »

Well I did get connected without changing to 160 Baud. I used a different ad. File that Eaglemark suggested. Once in and connected the data dash updated a bunch of values once after I pressed the gas pedal and never again. The values are just froze on the screen. All of this is with engine of and ignition ON. Anyone deal with this before?
Thanks
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

When using the AutoProm, you will be using either passthrough mode (which means the APU1 looks to TunerPro like a normal ALDL cable), or "active" mode, which means the APU1 does the communicating with the ECU itself.

In passthrough mode, you need to use either 2400 or 4800 baud. That gives the proper alignment so that every byte in the data stream actually looks to TunerPro like a bit.

See the Moates support site for information on how to select passthrough versus active modes. It's a switch on the back of the unit.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am