I got Dataloging working now Emulation won't work on my APU1

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

majacoby

I got Dataloging working now Emulation won't work on my APU1

Post by majacoby »

I’m working on a 1990 Chevy Silverado 7747 ecu. I have had a socket installed in the 7747 unit for a few years and had burned a chip with the stock ASDU.bin program. Since then I have gone to TunerPro V5 and have my old AutoProm replaced. (Hopefull not too many variables.)
I got the Data Acquisition working 2 days ago but, can not get the emulation working. I pulled the working 29C256 out of the socket and installed the AutoProm ribbon cable, making sure that the RED strip was on the number 1 end of the socket. No chip in the AutoProm ZIF socket.
I put the TunerPro into “Emulating” (green) mode, Upload current bin to emulator, Verify (green) and then start the truck. SES on solid and I can tell it’s in limp home mode. I can Data log in LHM but, reads really off. I can “Download current bin from emulator to file” and the file looks the same as what I uploaded.
I also pulled my 29C256 into the AutoProm ZIF socket and read the prom, and saved it to a test1.bin file. Used test1.bin to emulate and I got the same results, LHM!
Pull the AutoProm cable back out and reinstall the programmed 29C256 form before and the truck runs fine again.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Mark
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Did you set the switch on the AutoProm to "AutoProm mode" as opposed to "pass through mode"?
majacoby

Post by majacoby »

Yes, the Passthru/AutoProm is in the AutoProm position and the other one is in the Open/8192baud position. These are the positions I needed to get the Data Logger to work.
T33

Post by T33 »

How did you solve the issue?...I'm having the same problem. I followed all the steps! Same results :cry:
warsawchevyguy

Re: I got Dataloging working now Emulation won't work on my APU1

Post by warsawchevyguy »

When i was getting started into it i had similar issues and another member said after so many changes that i may have corupted my bin so i started fresh with an un modified bin amd it worked after that, also the 95 ecm i was using i didnt have the right chipset in it when i got truck. The factory chipset in ecm needs to be used with your chip adapter to get logging and emu to work example mine is 95 bnkm 7427 ecm. While this ecm will work with other chip sets it gets screwy with logging if another chip is used like byjl from another 7427.