Hardware Interface

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

ShaunD

Hardware Interface

Post by ShaunD »

I am a bit confused about what I need to connect the OBD2 to my laptop.

To start with, what I have. I transplanted the powertrain from a 2006 Silverado, including the factory 9462 PCM and harness, into my 94 C1500. I am pretty sure its the VATS that keep it down. It will start and run for about a second before shutting down. It looks like TunerPro is exactly what I need and will allow a little fine tuning a little later. But right now I need to know what I need for the connection. Do I need one of them fancy high dollar OBD2/Serial cables or would I be ok with one of the cheaper ELM USB cables from ebay for $15/$20?
ShaunD

Re: Hardware Interface

Post by ShaunD »

I saw the RT supports a bunch of Moates and a few others, but saw nothing about hardware for the regular TunerPro
ShaunD

Post by ShaunD »

Or would I be better off using LS Droid and one of those bluetooth OBD2 Plugins? I have a Linux Toughbook Laptop with bluetooth. I wonder if i can get TunerPro to work in Linux.
ShaunD

Post by ShaunD »

well I was hoping that was a more active forum, but thats ok. i went ahead and ordered an OBDLink Bluetooth deal. Will be here Monday. lets see how it goes
Littlejoe

Post by Littlejoe »

Have you started?
Definitely sounds like vats.
You could disable if you read and store with ls droid and then edit on tunerpro I have only seen this done haven’t personally used lsdroid yet. But... I know from my previous swaps that vats is the culprit and when I was using hpt I would turn off vats, I have also seen friends assign a new vin and retain the vats but idk if you could with the older model.
I am very interested in using ls droid and tuner pro. Haven’t found much on this yet though. Please keep the thread up!!!! I have tuned with Holley and hptuners but the $$$ is forcing me out
sanjupawar

Post by sanjupawar »

Thanks.........
One stop for meme lovers. Get all the viral, trending memes at one place. Get all the latest updates on upcoming web series in India and get their feedback. trending web series
WetChicken

Post by WetChicken »

ShaunD wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:42 pm Or would I be better off using LS Droid and one of those bluetooth OBD2 Plugins? I have a Linux Toughbook Laptop with bluetooth. I wonder if i can get TunerPro to work in Linux.
How well is that adapter working?
I have a generic one from amazon and TunerPro can't talk to it. The lights blink when it's looking for an adapter, but no luck. I've tried a list of drivers for it also.

I am also curious about a Linux solution...