Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Siemens ECU

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

BadBoyBill

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Siemens ECU

Post by BadBoyBill »

So the Genesis Coupe community and myself are working on cracking the ECU of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T which is a Siemens VDO 5WY5D75A SIM2K-141 ECU.

Right now i am trying to find software to pull the ROM off of the ECU and we have determined that the communication protocol is KWP2000+

I'm wondering if TunerPro can be used to pull the ROM using J2534 standards to be able to read the ROM from the ECU and or also write the ROM back.

The definitions for the ECU are still to be discovered as the ROM we have been working with which was decompiled using IDA Pro is just something someone found but i can't confirm 100% it's a Hyundai Genesis Coupe ROM which is why i need to communicate with the ECU to pull the ROM myself.

I have a tactrix OpenPort 2.0 OBDII device which i can connect to the car and computer but need software to pull the ROM, can TunerPro be modified to work with this protocol?

here is some info on the J2534
http://diagnosticnews.com/tech/introduction-to-j2534/
http://www.drewtech.com/support/j2534/index.html

Thanks
William
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

Tunerpro doesn't do that, it's simply a tuning program. If you know the map addresses, you input them into tunerpro, and you can make changes to the mapping in a graphical format.

The ROM has to be read/written to the ecu by another program.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

BrendanSmall wrote:The ROM has to be read/written to the ecu by another program.
Or by code you (or your community) write as a plug-in for TunerPro.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
phase autos

Post by phase autos »

HI BILL I HAVE POSTED ASKING FOR DEF HERE FOR US TOO! oops caps
phase autos

Post by phase autos »

comon guys please i would like to help this opensource tuning for hyundais and create a rt application too! happy to reward for your efforts some one plz?