Issue with DSM chip burning?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

tampa mike

Issue with DSM chip burning?

Post by tampa mike »

Hello I am sorta new to the Tuner Pro world but have been in the honda community for a very long time.

I use the Burn1 and love it but am having an issue burnign my MAP to a chip with the Tuner Pro software?

I am using the setup for a mitsu eclips and was wondering if maybe I have the wrong start address and such for what im doing

Can anyone lend a hand here?

thank you
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

Tunerpro does not burn chips. Tunerpro is just .bin file editing software.
tampa mike

Post by tampa mike »

revlimit wrote:Tunerpro does not burn chips. Tunerpro is just .bin file editing software.

i understand that im just wondering if anyone on here still uses it for dsm purposes and what they are usinig for their chip addressing.

I use alot of other softwares such as hondatam crome pro, uberdata, etc that burn the .bin files to chips but they seem to not be as secretive on the chip settings as far as the burning process goes.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any insight. I can edit them just fine and have a couple i would like to try and see how they do on my dyno

any help is greatly appreciated
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

TunerPro does allow programming and reading of chips via the 'Moates PROM I/O' menu under the 'Tools' drop down menu.

I know nothing about DSM settings but here's a guide to programming with offsets if that's your problem: http://www.moates.net/documentation.php ... tion_id=75
Last edited by dex on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
tampa mike

Post by tampa mike »

dex wrote:TunerPro does allow programming and reading of chips via the 'Moates PROM I/O' menu under the 'Tools' drop down menu.

I know nothing about DSM settings but here's a guide to programming with offsets if that's your problem.
not sure if you meant Here's a guide or There's a guide. But thanks for the information

Basically you save the bin and then upload it just like you would to your emulator but instead you burn it to a 28pin chip.

Someone suggested:

start address: 8000
end address: FFFF

and Buffer address
start 0000
end 7FFF

anyone see an issue with these?
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Sorry, the link did not show up but I have edited the post and it is there now.
tampa mike

Post by tampa mike »

dex wrote:Sorry, the link did not show up but I have edited the post and it is there now.
thanks for thehelp DEX, i know its almost like going back in time with burning chips and such for OBD1 cars with all the advances we have but the mitsu crowd just doesnt wanna purchase alot of hardware and if a chip can help rescale some injectors and add a few features it seems like a plus for them,

I own a shop and a dyno and have been toying around with a car i picked up just to see how it works in comparison to the other cars we work with
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

I use the Flash 'n burn software from the downloads section. It does the offset by chip type vs. car type. Issues burning to Crome with it though, so we use Crome itself for the honda stuff.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

BrendanSmall wrote:I use the Flash 'n burn software from the downloads section. It does the offset by chip type vs. car type. Issues burning to Crome with it though, so we use Crome itself for the honda stuff.
The Flash & Burn software is built into TunerPro.

What issues are you having "Burning to Crome," and what does it mean to burn to Crome?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

Crome is an OBD1 Honda chip tuning program, freeware. When we tried to burn the chips with Flash n Burn, the offsets would come out wrong (st512 chip, 64kb) and the car would run like poo. No matter what we did :(. On the Xenocron website there is a tutorial on how to burn with Crome, so we gave that a shot and VROOM...runs perfectly. I believe the FnB issues were my fault, but haven't really put much effort into it since we can burn the chips another way. Baud rates or something like that IMO.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Offsets are indeed important to pay attention to. The FnB program defaults to aligning the data to the back of the chip, which is where it should go in nearly all scenarios. Perhaps Crome's own OBDI OS looks for data at alternate locations.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am