V5 vs. 4.14 VE table axis'

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

turbodave

V5 vs. 4.14 VE table axis'

Post by turbodave »

Hopefully I can make some sense about this. I'm running both 4.14, and V5. I've noticed that the MAP axis in V5 in now opposite that of 4.14.

Not a big deal but I have an excel program that I can input user tune table data and it will recalculate the VE table accordingly, then I only need to copy and paste the new VE table into 4.14 and upload that to my Translator Pro.

With the V5 table having the start point in the upper left corner now, I can't just copy/past the whole modified table.

I thought about just changing the MAP axis on the V5 VE table, but that just changed the axis, it didn't re-arange the table.

Is there an easy way to change the table values? Or should I just changedd the map axis, and then copy/paste the 4.14 table values over it?
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

I noticed this too. Thought it was odd, but it's technically still a beta.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

You can change that, by "editing the variable" (highlight then hit F2), then you can see which direction the axis are set up as.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

if the axis is reversed of what you are used to, you should be able to use the "reverse row" or "reverse column" check box in the preferences menu.
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

robertisaar wrote:if the axis is reversed of what you are used to, you should be able to use the "reverse row" or "reverse column" check box in the preferences menu.
That appears to have done the trick, Thanks!!
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Six_Shooter wrote:You can change that, by "editing the variable" (highlight then hit F2), then you can see which direction the axis are set up as.
You lost me on this one. "editing the variables"??? Please assume I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Tuner Pro.

I got it with the "reverse rows" thing in preferences, but what are you refering to?? I want to learn more!
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

turbodave wrote:
Six_Shooter wrote:You can change that, by "editing the variable" (highlight then hit F2), then you can see which direction the axis are set up as.
You lost me on this one. "editing the variables"??? Please assume I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Tuner Pro.

I got it with the "reverse rows" thing in preferences, but what are you refering to?? I want to learn more!
Refering to the same thing. That's why I said "highlight, then hit F2".
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

Well, duh...don't I feel smrt.

I mean...smart.

Yeah, that's it :D.

Thanks!
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Six_Shooter wrote:
turbodave wrote:

Refering to the same thing. That's why I said "highlight, then hit F2".
Ya but, highlight what??? Remeber ya gotta talk down to me on this program. Be specific please. THANKS!!
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Highlight the parameter..... the XDF item, the same thing you waould have had to do do to get have already done this. highlight and hit F2 or highlight and right click.
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Six_Shooter wrote:Highlight the parameter..... the XDF item, the same thing you waould have had to do do to get have already done this. highlight and hit F2 or highlight and right click.
I thought that might have been what you were trying to tell me. But when I highlighted and right clicked "VE Table" (the table I needed to reverse) I couldn't modify the rows. When I clicked the rows tab, the rows info is all grayed out. So I wasn't able to modify any of it.
But that's cool, clicking the reverse rows check box in preferences got the job done.
Appreciate your patience in this matter.