Category limit

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

prj

Category limit

Post by prj »

Hello,

Currently TunerPro has a category (folder) limit.
Only the first 100 categories can have names assigned.
And only 255 categories are supported altogether, with names not shown for the rest.

Could this be increased? Perhaps a lot?
I don't really mind if I can't change their names in the UI, but if it could load and display names from the XDF, it would be really nice.

If you are wondering why I need a such amount of categories, it is because I am running automated XDF generation via my tool:
https://github.com/prj/me7-tools

I am transcoding certain map packs, and since ME7 has more than 255 different modules (thus categories), I am currently unable to use categories properly at all.

It would be really useful for anyone transcoding full factory files one newer ECU's.

Thank you.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The number of categories supported (the 255 that you mentioned) are unlimited (you're right, they were 255 in earlier builds, but changed a few builds ago). I'll increase the number of editable categories in the UI to 300.

Look for this in the next build.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
prj

Post by prj »

Thank you.

I don't really care if they are editable by the UI or not, but the problem is if I assign names to them inside the XDF, then the names "stuck" for only the 100 ones. So 0-100 worked fine and then they were all named Category 101, Category 102, etc.
I know that i defined them the same way, because I am auto generating the XDF.

I guess now with 300 it might be better, but perhaps it is possible to just allow names to stick if they are assigned in the XDF?
hassmaschine

Post by hassmaschine »

Mangus wrote:The number of categories supported (the 255 that you mentioned) are unlimited (you're right, they were 255 in earlier builds, but changed a few builds ago). I'll increase the number of editable categories in the UI to 300.

Look for this in the next build.
of course, if I look somebody asked a similar question..

you say that the supported categories are unlimited, but in practice it doesn't seem to be true? The categories seem to loop around once I pass a certain number. I guess I could try and find that number.

edit: just tested again. It really doesn't seem to be unlimited. I could supply a test file if needed.