Tuning obd 1 ecu for hondas.............

Discuss Honda tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
hussain

Tuning obd 1 ecu for hondas.............

Post by hussain »

Tuning obd 1 ecu maps are available with me done by me & tested.
N/A turbo.... :twisted:
Boost makes me happy......
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Share your definitions!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
hussain

Post by hussain »

Mangus wrote:Share your definitions!
I am Using Crome bro for tuning Honda, but i am new with tuner bro, need your support guys. :wink:
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Then I don't understand your original post.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Tw34kd

Post by Tw34kd »

I'm confused, mostly because this is the only thread in the honda section.
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

do u have any files u can share for the popular honda engines? i have a few B series files and a couple others that i found online a while back. i havent even looked at any of them until yesterday when i downloaded crome to see what its like...

i have to say crome seems very good for honda so long as it recognises the bin file that u open with it. i noticed crome also supports moates ostrich so if the slightly older EG/EK era ECU's arent too much of a pain to chip then i might start getting into some areas of honda tuning myself. its great how everything is already worked out for u and its just a matter of altering whatever data u want to tune, no mystery maps to try and figure out, etc.. lol

if the map locations are shown anywhere in crome then creating an XDF to tune in tunerpro wouldnt be very difficult at all.. just open up whatever map in crome, check the map address and make an XDF table for it in tunerpro and move on to the next map.
EthosMotorsports
hussain

Post by hussain »

if you guys want bin file for any Honda engine just ask me ill share it with you, then you can burn it up because i don't no how to create an xdf file you do the rest, any help with some thing i no that i will share just ask.

Dmcl,Mangus :D
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

i hate to say it but crome looks like it has everything worked out already so making an XDF to tune in tunerpro seems unnecessary. (sorry mark lol)

now.. if only BMW tuners were as open and willing to share info as the honda guys we could actually make some progress with BMW motronic systems :roll:
EthosMotorsports
hussain

Post by hussain »

DmcL wrote:i hate to say it but crome looks like it has everything worked out already so making an XDF to tune in tunerpro seems unnecessary. (sorry mark lol)

now.. if only BMW tuners were as open and willing to share info as the honda guys we could actually make some progress with BMW motronic systems :roll:
Agree :)
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

DmcL wrote:i hate to say it but crome looks like it has everything worked out already so making an XDF to tune in tunerpro seems unnecessary. (sorry mark lol)

Other than the fact that Crome "expires" and you have to pay more money to continue to use a program, where Tuner Pro RT, is good now and forever, no re-newal fees.

If the author of the program ever dies or just simply falls of the face of the internet, or just gets tired of supporting the program, that's it, no more tuning ability, even though there's no reason for a program to expire other than to line someone's pockets with cash.
Last edited by Six_Shooter on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
fastcrxsi90

Post by fastcrxsi90 »

I've started xdf definitions for OBD0 honda files, but never got past how to update the fuel maps correctly. I can display/view initial tables correctly... :?

Need to somehow update the column multiplier (8-bit value) based on the fuel value being edited.

*don't mind my joined date...been lurking for at least a few years.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

fastcrxsi90 wrote:I've started xdf definitions for OBD0 honda files, but never got past how to update the fuel maps correctly. I can display/view initial tables correctly... :?

Need to somehow update the column multiplier (8-bit value) based on the fuel value being edited.

contact me via email, send what you have (including bin), and a description of what you need, and I'll do whst I'm able to get you squared awsy.

Oh, and Crome is a nice software package.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
hussain

Post by hussain »

Mangus wrote:
fastcrxsi90 wrote:I've started xdf definitions for OBD0 honda files, but never got past how to update the fuel maps correctly. I can display/view initial tables correctly... :?

contact me via email, send what you have (including bin), and a description of what you need, and I'll do whst I'm able to get you squared awsy.

Oh, and Crome is a nice software package.
Agree :wink:
hussain

Post by hussain »

Oh, and Crome is a nice software package.[/quote]

You can find every thing in this web that's where i educated my brain :wink:

http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/vie ... me/WebHome

Wish you the best guys
fastcrxsi90

Post by fastcrxsi90 »

Mangus wrote:contact me via email, send what you have (including bin), and a description of what you need, and I'll do whst I'm able to get you squared awsy.
Will do! Let me clean up the xdf and I will send it, along with the bin file, to you...

Thanks! :wink:
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

any progress on this? i would love to get away from crome for tuning hondas. it seems like a great package on the outside, it works with the moates ostrich, demon, and burn 2. there are a lot of downsides to it though. you can tune around these issues, but i would much rather not. i have tuned a few 400whp+ 1.8L on pump gas with it. the free version doesnt datalog and with all of the problems i have seen from the owner of it, i am afraid to spend money on it, only for it to fall apart.

i am fully willing to help any way i can, but i dont know much about coding or anything, im just a tuner. i have quite a few saved bin files from previous tunes.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

Also, I just found this. I am guessing this can be used to make a defenition file?

http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view.pl/Library/P28
pablo

Honda XDF Files

Post by pablo »

Hi,

Are there any XDF files for Honda's?? out there i have a couple of honda's myself and would'nt mind messing about in Tunerpro with them ;)

I have loads of bins but no XDF files and B series engines.

Has anyone come across ant xdf/ADx files at all? I'd try and make them myself if i knew how ;(
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

The xdf doesn't matter for b, d, f, or h series. It's the ecu. I recently started on a p28 xdf and I got the high and low fuel and ignition tables done. There is still a ton of work left to get all of the ect/iat multipliers done along with figuring out how boost tables are added. It seems to also be a multiplier sort of thing.
pablo

Post by pablo »

HI ;) have u cheaked out the Pgmf1 honda forum for help, at all and information??? They rule and pretty much layed the ground work for ecu developments.

They will pretty much have 90%+ of the answers you might need and its a active forum. I am pretty sure someone over there must have done this for Tunerpro at a guess, if not i think they will defo have all the info u needed mate to complete the task ahead.

If i knew how to make a xdf mate or there was more support relating to the subject i would try and help man even though i am a noob ;) i have never come across a explination anywhere on how to ;(

Good on you mate for doing it bro, and hope when ur done u will release your XDF to the community and share it ;)

Have you asked the Author of Tunerpro if he has one at all. He alwasy asks everyone for Bins/XDF/ADX when they ask him a question. Someone might have done it mate not everyone want to pay huge money for Crome for a 1 time remap of your car, and professional Tuners around here have never heard of it or used it ;( abit like Tunerpro, lacks professional support/white papers for us mere mortals to learn and develop.

Good Luck and God Bless
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

My understanding is Mangus(posted a few posts up) is the author of TunerPro and he was offering to help. So I'm guessing he doesn't have one.

As far as pgmfi.org, I have been a member there for almost 10 years and somewhat know Blundar( site admin), I have been talking to him directly on the subject and he has given me some great advice. I'm not sure I have what it takes to complete it, but I'm going to try. I will make sure it is freely available to anyone. I tune a lot of cars and just being able to use it myself is payment enough to work on it.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

this is all i have for now. if anyone wants to add to it feel free. i dont know how much more i have the ability to do

(right click, save link as)

http://evansperformance.net/engine%20management/p28.xdf
pablo

Post by pablo »

I have b16a engines ;( OBD0 ( PWO) and OBD1 (P30-203) cars

You seem like a smart cookie mate, have you looked here at all for info some one was trying there.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-m ... -obd2.html

There was a P30 Bin and xdf for download. I haven't loaded them up into Tunerpro to see what it does if anything lol and didn't search the forum yet. its probably nothing or less than nothing lol

I am currently trying to get my Nissan data logging with Zeitronix WB in Tunerpro but getting no love anywhere and cant find or make a ADX for my wide band, its driving me mad.

I hope this is helps you may because i am having so so much trouble finding or making what i need ;( its so frustrating.

Gl
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

I came across that before I decided to start. They haven't gotten any farther than I have. The ignition and fuel tables are pretty easy, we all have hit the same road block. Most of my problem is trying to learn how all of this works while also making something that hasn't been done. I have tons of tuning experience, but no coding of any kind.
pablo

Post by pablo »

Figured i would bodge some bit together and help start peeps off to, mate, like you. I wasn't sure how best to display some data. I have never done this before either, i figured i would try follow in ur foot steps, i love my Honda's ;)

I made a P30-203.XDF B16a vtec, it should be ok, it looked fine, but i know very little, i normally use what i can find i ant inventive really.

I used the info here http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view.pl/Library/P30
Tyvm for the link saved time.

I think the Rom addresses must be just to edit the bin data and the Ram addresses for (ALDL) ADX functions because hey look like they could be better represented in there rather than in the XDF file??? do you know??

I added most of the ROM addresses, i knew i could represent and work. I don't know how it all comes together really?? No clue just making DANG! up as i go, as usual :) Stayed up for a while doing this lol i'll add more to it tomorrow.

I cant upload here ;( might need examining by someone better than me and carefully testing in case it can damages something. To make sure its safe to use on a engine? the correct flags on/off to start with or removed.

I also read that post and it mentioned something about check sums??? is that going to be a problem do you think?

How can i share what i have done so far? its rough and ready
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

I don't fully understand checksums so I don't know. I do know Crome has an option to disable the checksum and that could be added into TP since its just changing one address in the bin.

I think you are right about rom addresses, my guess is that they can be used for logging.

With enough people involved all passing around the same adx maybe we can get there. I'm a little worried that I have hit a wall that I can't get passed.
pablo

Post by pablo »

Any ideas how i can upload or link this ADX to share, its a first draft and has most of the Ram addresses represented.

Some common sense will need to be applied with the flags to enable /disable some Rom/Bin features to maybe get ride of engine check lights to function correctly. I needed some clarity relating to some of the scalars/table data, i didn't know what they represented, so some don't have axis label's and may be better represented with a different XDF parameter. I commented pretty much everything i could.

At least there is no a lack on information relating to the Honda ECU , there is like a waterfall full of data out there :)

I had a few other queries, but i guess first things first and cross them bridges when we get back to them, they may not be a issue at all.

I Just needed this shared and checked i guess. You should grab this file and changes the addresses to represent your P28 ECU it might save you sometime and work.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

Email your file to me and I'll host it with a link here. sevans@evansperformance.net

I copied all of the table data from Crome. I tried to get TP to use the info from the bin file, but it never worked for me. I am probably overlooking something simple.

If I get a chance, I might test my adx on a running car. I can set the bin up to run in Crome, them make changes with TP and see if it works.
pablo

Post by pablo »

Thanks a lot Stubbs so much for been active and responsive to the post here, God bless you mate.

Tyvm, i forwarded what i done so far, i hope its a good working start and will forward any changes or additions that i make. I Never made a XDF before so i have no clue what to expect, but i have looked at a few here and there. I made it all in Tunerpro, no text editing outside or Tunerpro made.

Any suggestions, ideas or constructive criticism, is most welcome and better ways to display the data etc, any feedback really.

GL
Last edited by pablo on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

I'm the last person to say anything bad about anyone's file, this is my first attempt too. We will see, hopefully other people will get involved and we can see this through.
pablo

Post by pablo »

No harm in constructive criticism mate, Just no one likes been shot down for trying at the starting blocks ;) I think there might be a section on the Tunerpro website explaining XDF files?

Good effort mate you inspired me to try at least tyvm. It can only get better ;)
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

Yea, it had some good info but I feel like there might be some things missing.
pablo

Post by pablo »

I haven't read it myself lol i just winged it ;)

I needed to learn about the ADX files and a how to, but could not find anything. I was trying to get my wide band controller data stream into Tunerpro and displayed correctly on a dash board ;(. I have a very nice ADX that doesn't work.

We should probably make a new thread for these XDF efforts mate ;) and expand the Honda section a little.

We might get some attention from other keen honda enthusiasts and inpt from the guru's that haunt the forum, real help and input from them rather than general remarks, but i wont hold my breath.

Help is generally self serving on forums i noticed, meaning people only seems to help when it benefits them directly ;( some people do it for the community and give it there all.

I am still pissed i couldn't get my problem resolved is all mate and no solid input lol, but i am happy to help mate cause i like my Honda's and Pgmfi.org has always been good to me and has a wealth of knowledge and support.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

so, i checked out your adx and something is odd. i played with it for about an hour and couldnt get it to show any information. the exact same bin in my adx shows info, but shows nothing in yours. it would be very helpful if someone that has made an adx file of some sort could give a little insight.
pablo

Post by pablo »

Hmm that is really odd, here all the tables display vales except the one that contains "00" that i named "Extra Fuel Table Closed Loop Lambda"
which is Address- 75DC -bytes 100- Extra Table - no idea, all 00s 10 col x 10 row table.

I was in a rush at the time i might have sent a bad bin with it by accident but don't think so, check the addresses?? but again i am getting filled tables and can see the data in the 3d graphs too. Also when i open the Bin Flags change there values to represent what must be in the Bin file i assume.

I just renamed and saved the files and unloaded them from Tunerpro i will resend them now, Sorry. I definitely have tables full of values here. Is the XDF looking ok? and have what u need for you bin???

You can open it up in a text editor and copy the sections u want into your ADX file and change the addresses to match your P28 in Tunerpro, , might save you a lot of time .

Weird. i am using the latest version of Tunerpro but i don't think it makes a difference and zipping them up shouldn't have any effect on the files ? hmm ;) nothing is straight forward with Tunerpro it seems lol, must be called Pro cause its for professionals.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

The adx file you sent me didn't have any bin addresses set up. Everything said 00. I didnt try your bin, I just made a stock p30 bin in Crome and then tried to open it in TP. That worked fine for my p28 adx. The same p30 bin showed info in my p28 adx, it didn't make much sense due to the addresses being different, but it did show.

I'll check out your other file tonight when I get home from work
pablo

Post by pablo »

that is weird everything did definitely have memory addresses allocated. Is the structure still intact yeah, all the Flags, Tables and Scalars been displayed. I don't know why it would lose its addressing in transit ;(

Question: does the Honda ecu have things like:
K-value
Injector Latency
Injector Latency Voltage Change

Idle Timing TP Max
Warmup Timing Advance
Idle/Deceleration Timing Advance
etc

Fuel TP Scale
Timing RPM Scale
Timing TP scale
Fuel Rpm Scale
Min TP
TP Limit
Max TP
Idle Target Rpm
Throttle Increase Fuel

Rev and Speed Limits etc etc etc.

These are some things my Nissan XDF has, i was wondering if the Honda has such values and tables if so at what address anyone??

"One for the crows that knows ;)"
Last edited by pablo on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
pablo

Post by pablo »

;(
Last edited by pablo on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

That list on pgmfi.org is missing some things. Hondas do have a lot of the same stuff, but they use different terms. Check out the advanced tables in Crome. Also, something that might help with all of this, all of the multipliers for ect corrections, iat corrections, etc. were written in JavaScript

The new adx you sent is the same way. Everything is listed but none of the addresses are there and all of the tables only have one block. Maybe try sending it without zipping it
pablo

Post by pablo »

Nice 1
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

Sending the file without zipping it seems to work. I only opened it in notepad on the computer here at work, but all of the addresses are there, tables are properly sized with all of the rpm/mbar labels. I'll check it out better at home with my tuning laptop tonight
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

the screw up was on my end. i didnt realize that i didnt have the newest version of TP. your adx looks great so far
pablo

Post by pablo »

Just wondering if you tried it out yet??? or if you can link it for others members to get some feedback and something to play with, maybe some more input to try and develop the XDF more between the community.

More addresses equivalent to those in Cromes, Advanced Tables Section, would be nice. Axis labels and conversion/equations if people know any to add to scalars and tables etc. Any input from other interested members would be nice to and go along way.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

I haven't had much time. Been tuning a lot(with crome,meh) and trying to get this bathroom remodel done. I'll try to get it loaded up on my server tonight.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

pablo

Post by pablo »

Any help or feedback ???? anyone tried this or know of any more addresses or equations and labels that need to be added etc. I know the guys here are very closely affiliated with the Crome developers.
I thought there would be some help and community interest here in developing and great fully functioning XDF/ADX for Honda's or maybe that's why there isn't cause it would compete with Crome and under mine it? in some way perhaps? A tone of hits but no help ;(
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I'd love to have actual Honda defs, but I don't own a Honda, and don't know enough about the schemes that Honda uses.

I also think there's more people in the Honda community that would rather pay for an expiring software than to actually get something to work that would be used indefinitely.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

the problem is honda kids are cheap and lazy. they all want free tuning software they dont have to work for. some of them will actually step up and buy software, 99% of the cars i tune they all ask for crome. they wont pay an extra $100 on top of my tune cost for real software that doesnt have odd glitches. none of them will put effort into making Tp work either. i started working on it, but found out i needed to make money with my free time rather than dump it into something only a few people would appreciate. im not eve sure i have the ability to see it through.

six shooter, i have tons of stuff around here if i can do anything to help you. i would really like to use TP in place of crome if possible
pablo

Post by pablo »

They all ask for Crome because that's all they know and hear about, not because it the be all and end all. There is nothing wrong with free apps thats people contributing to the community and helping each other (Loads of Tunerpro functions are from free source codes implemented into the program), full respect to the developers of these free apps they are bettering the community.

Nothing wrong with spoon feeding people so they can achieve there goals and progress, these are not dirty words that's how the majority of people survive on this planet from whats free and was the fundamental basis of the internet initially, then greed and selfish desires took over and everything came at a price weather it was good or bad.

Knowledge should never be withheld and should be spread around before it become obsolete, useless or dies out. I always give what i have for nothing, its no skin of my nose. If someone wants to further them self and progress further god bless them. I don't give to receive but if you can help someone else as i have help you then you deserve the help. I hate elitist jerks that just want to watch people struggle and talk rubbish and give no help or support when they have the knowledge and abilities, they are just selfish and greedy, and the world could do without them. The knowledge they have been gifted with is wasted on them.

If this community and software is to grow then knowledge and support needs to flow more freely down the chain before its dwindles and dies out. People have very little patients for nonsense when they are struggling and trying there best to learn. There isn't nearly enough help on this forum or relevant detailed support topic's for new comers.

I have been very disappointed every time i have asked a sensible question or asked for help. Nothing, i am not asking for the impossible i would love to see tunerpro become a mainstream application and even progress to a level where there is enough support for enthusiast and become a pay app if need be so the developers can get payed for there hard work.

Just look at Nistune its like a clone of tunerpro for nissans and people pay silly money for it because it works and has good support and is well developed. Why cant this be the same or is its main focus, American cars. They seem to be well supported but Jap and European cars just don't get a look in really just a few models that users have developed i guess.

Sorry to drift of subject a little.

If you got and addresses or equations label heading to be added to the Honda P30 XDf that would be very helpful and and suggestion on the best way to display the data in Tunerpro would go a long way. weather to use a table, scalar etc. I am sure the addresses used in Crome are documented somewhere and someone has them to expand the Xdf Currently started.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

maybe i should clarify a bit. i spoonfeed people on forums a lot. im all for someone trying to learn. i charge to tune cars, i have money invested in equipment, it takes up 1-3 hours of my time and its never at a convenient time for me. at the same time, i explain everything i do to a customers car to them and even point out what im looking at while reading the plugs. i give them everything they need to tune themselves but they always come back. honda kids are lazy.

i wish i had more time to put into this, but life is just getting out of hand with having sponsors for my own racecar to keep happy and try to get though a divorce cleanly. doing tons of side work to support my lifestyle since i will be losing a big chunk of the household income.