Oldskulltuning experience

Discuss all other Motorcycle tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
Davewhitaker

Oldskulltuning experience

Post by Davewhitaker »

So a little feedback on there work.
Initially I was happy with the file they created from scratch, it had most of the basic tables for a motorbike.
After a little time I realised I wasn't getting what I paid for. No fuel cut deactivate, no O2 deactivate, no pair valve delete, no fan control, no checksum patch, non working speed limiter.
After repeated asking for these features I went to someone else for a new xdf file.
After receiving my new file that had loads more tables ect revealed I realised some scaling was also wrong in oldsculltuning's throttle tables 😱

Sbk_supaerbikeskit on Facebook, great company 👍
OldSkullTuning

Re: Oldskulltuning experience

Post by OldSkullTuning »

Dear Customer,
we are sorry for your feedback.

You contacted us to get an xdf for Honda CB1000 with new keihin ecu that we didn't support yet.
Before making the purchase we told you which maps were available and which ones were to be tested, you accepted the purchase.

At a cost of 50 euros we have created a new xdf with all the maps at our disposal:

We have also given you complete availability to make new tests, in particular with regard to ride by wire management maps.

In addition, we confirm that the ride by wire maps are correctly scaled:

We believe we have done our best with a new file, we regret not having met all your expectations.
Davewhitaker

Post by Davewhitaker »

It's good to see you finally corrected the scaling on the IAP maps. Your previous scaleing of the IAP table finished at 78 kpa making it impossible to tune correctly.

I see you've also included the extra features that I previously mentioned.

I presume you will be in contact at some point to offer me this working XDF.

Many Thanks
OldSkullTuning

Post by OldSkullTuning »

Sure, you will receive the updated xdf.
Shaker666

Post by Shaker666 »

How exactly does the datalogging and tuning process look for these Honda ECUs? The XDF gets you the schema needed to flash a new tune, but what is the physical interface to the ECU (K-Line to USB via some FTDI chip?) and what about the ADX that would be needed to log data?
Ahamay

Post by Ahamay »

Also interested in how the flash is done for a Yamaha Denso ECU.
Shaker666

Post by Shaker666 »

There's a number of sources for an OBD2 interface adapter that is capable of interacting with K-line over USB. I have an OBDLink LX (over Bluetooth) that is able to communicate successfully over K-line as well. The trick is what software is needed to actually flash over the K-line - that is not immediately clear. MCU Innovations develops a few products that seem promising, but in my experience do not work with the models of ECUs I've attempted to communicate with.

One thing appears to be relatively clear, however. The Japanese bike manafacturers are using 3rd party ECUs sourced from Denso, Keihin, etc. and most (if not all) speak K-line. Honda has a proprietary protocol that functions over K-line and it makes me think that Yamaha does as well. I believe it would take a custom ADX and perhaps a plugin to communicate with what is known as a "KKL" interface (one that runs K-line).