How to access HIGH EEPROM locations in BUEOD ECM?

Discuss Buell tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.
ReadyXB

How to access HIGH EEPROM locations in BUEOD ECM?

Post by ReadyXB »

First, TunerPro RT is an awesome platform!

I don't have a problem per se ; more of a question. I have a 2008 Buell XB12R and was looking at my BUEOD EEPROM layout on ecmspy.com. I noticed in the EEPROM layout, the first 13 values in the EEPROM are located at very high/negative address offsets. For example, 'Stored Error Byte 0' is at location 0xFFFFFFF9 (-7).

And not surprisingly, none of those 13 locations are mapped out in the .xdf I downloaded.

So I tried modifying my BUEOD_V5.xdf to add a sample location at the high eeprom address:

Example:
<XDFCONSTANT uniqueid="0x4CD5">
<title>AFV Front</title>
<description>Adaptive fuel value front cylinder</description>
<EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0xFFFFFFEA" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
<units>Percent</units>
<decimalpl>3</decimalpl>
<datatype>0</datatype>
<unittype>0</unittype>
<DALINK index="0" />
<MATH equation="(X*0.100000)+(0.000000)">
<VAR id="X" />
</MATH>
</XDFCONSTANT>

Unfortunately I don't think it worked. Why? Well the xdf file defines my binary size as being 2,788 (0xAE4) bytes. Obviously, I'm adding bytes to my binary when I added a new location. So when I tried increasing the binary size and reading the EEPROM (Download Bin From Emulator to TunerPro), I get the following error:

"Calibration size of 2788 does not match the expected size of 4096."

I choose "Yes", but I still only got back 2,788 bytes. Do I need to find a way to override the EEPROM read/write routines to ignore the Calibration Size (I'm not sure where that value even comes from) and read the full physical EEPROM size?

I am on v5.00.8383.00 and use BuellIOPlugin.dll dated 10/04/2011.

Thanks.
DRAGBIKE

Post by DRAGBIKE »

Hey ReadyXB, You're about a million miles beyond my level, so maybe you can help a newbie out here. I tune in several programs, a couple that require starting with a BIN file, but this software just leaves me with a dumb look on my face. Maybe you can answer a couple of dumb questions.

Where can I get a bin file for a 2008 Thunderstorm 1203? I see some at ECM Spy, but not one listed for this application specifically, and I'm hesitant to send money to a site that hasn't been updated since 2012.

How do I connect to the bike? I have the interface cable that I used with ECM spy on a previous project. Will that work with Tuner Pro?
ReadyXB

Post by ReadyXB »

DRAGBIKE wrote:Hey ReadyXB, You're about a million miles beyond my level, so maybe you can help a newbie out here. I tune in several programs, a couple that require starting with a BIN file, but this software just leaves me with a dumb look on my face. Maybe you can answer a couple of dumb questions.

Where can I get a bin file for a 2008 Thunderstorm 1203? I see some at ECM Spy, but not one listed for this application specifically, and I'm hesitant to send money to a site that hasn't been updated since 2012.

How do I connect to the bike? I have the interface cable that I used with ECM spy on a previous project. Will that work with Tuner Pro?
Hi, got your msg and should be able to help! I'll reply by end of day or tomorrow!
DRAGBIKE

Post by DRAGBIKE »

Thanks very much. I've made some progress, as I was able to connect and retrieve the bin file. Parameter tables don't make sense though, as they reference MAF tables, which of course the Buell doesn't have. I'm sure I'm probably missing something obvious.
ReadyXB

Post by ReadyXB »

I replied via pm.