Gauge idea

For those of you brave enough to try the beta releases, please ask your questions and post your issues here! Remember, the more info the better!

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Six_Shooter

Gauge idea

Post by Six_Shooter »

So there I was in the back seat of the GF's brother's car on the way home from the cottage today and watching Drift Bible on my iPod, when I thought that it might be a good idea to use bar type guages, like a row of LEDs, that were used in Drift Bible to show throttle position and brake position.
I think this could be easier to use for some readings than an analog guage or digital readout.

Then the question comes how do you determine whihc way it reads? Left to right or bottom to top? Well could that be determined by the width and hight that is set in the add guages screen? So one that is narrow left to right but tall top to bottom would read vertically, where as one that is short but wide would read horizontaly.

What say ye?
JP86SS

Re: Gauge idea

Post by JP86SS »

Six_Shooter wrote:What say ye?
Im curious if that is possible too. Could tuck the TPS right up against the side too display.
Great idea if it can be done.
JP86SS

More on gauges

Post by JP86SS »

I was thinking this morning (Oh No, you say)
While watching some of the feedback from logs, the o2 and a few other readings tend to bounce too much to get a good reading.
Is there a way to build in a rolling avg filter?
This could simply be a"number of samples" to avg type thing.
Thinking that the filter could be built into each of the gauge types and would still be modular when building a screen.
That would give filtering to only the item desired rather than trying to do a global control. Might have the filters globally reset when starting to replay a log. Real time should work good as well with that type of thing.
Still thinking about the bar gauges too :) (neat idea too)
Just tossing ideas.
John