XDF creation

Discuss all other manufacturer-specific tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

phase autos

XDF creation

Post by phase autos »

ok if i were to employ someone to create xdf's for me what qualifications would they need?

wheres the best place to look?

or can you recomend someone?
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

Creating the xdf is easy, it's straight translation of map addresses into the software. Unless the person making the xdf knows exactly what each map does, all you'll have is a file loaded full of maps without axis values, populated with raw bytes. To accurately make an xdf for someone, you need to disassemble the code, and find out how it works.

If someone offers to make you an XDF for $50, turn them down, because they've either A) undervalued their work and may just take off with your money, or B) will give you an xdf without any indentifiers for any of the maps, which is useless for tuning.
phase autos

Post by phase autos »

BrendanSmall wrote:Creating the xdf is easy, it's straight translation of map addresses into the software. Unless the person making the xdf knows exactly what each map does, all you'll have is a file loaded full of maps without axis values, populated with raw bytes. To accurately make an xdf for someone, you need to disassemble the code, and find out how it works.

If someone offers to make you an XDF for $50, turn them down, because they've either A) undervalued their work and may just take off with your money, or B) will give you an xdf without any indentifiers for any of the maps, which is useless for tuning.
look i expect nothing but the best in quality lol

seriously i need 2 xdf's 1 for seimens ecu and the other for delphi ecu
both need to be complete definitions with checksums and i can help with testing to define the maps constants etc please happy to pay or profit share i have over 100 cars to tune if i can get it to go!

also is there a decent multi vehicle ptotocol tool out there?