Golf 2.0 Mapping...

Discuss all other manufacturer-specific tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

95Blazer

Golf 2.0 Mapping...

Post by 95Blazer »

Hey All, I have read so many forums and posts about how to find maps from hexdump but I've ended up in the middle of no where.. I could really use some help, if someone could try to explain with the most human based knowledge aand not x this y that is z those... Like i know thats how u do it, but it doesn't make sense to me. so i need a newb guide from scratch. something in very detail but not saying the same thing over and over... or a pic tut??? I duno anything at this point would be great. Thanks...
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

Well, it all depends on if you're ready to start figuring out Motronic or not ;). It's pretty easy to figure out how big the tables are, and what the x and y axis are supposed to be...but it's kinda tricky to decipher. Over at http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/ind ... 05effa3ba6 there's a lot of info about reading Motronic headers (the bit of data above the map itself that tells what the x and y are, and how big the table is), as well as a beta descriptor database for the various motronic systems so you can see what hex equals what descriptor (RPM, MAF, Coolant temp, etc). The downside is that so far there is no XDF available or any solid info about tuning the north american ABA 2.0, and any info from overseas won't mesh up with ours because the ECUs are different :(. I'm working on an OBD1 xdf for the 2.0...but it's a long work in progress :(.
95Blazer

Post by 95Blazer »

Well thank you! After a week of asking on other forums ur the only one that has helped a lil bit.. haha. I appreciate it ver much!
toyotec

Post by toyotec »

BrendanSmall wrote:Well, it all depends on if you're ready to start figuring out Motronic or not ;). It's pretty easy to figure out how big the tables are, and what the x and y axis are supposed to be...but it's kinda tricky to decipher. Over at http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/ind ... 05effa3ba6 there's a lot of info about reading Motronic headers (the bit of data above the map itself that tells what the x and y are, and how big the table is), as well as a beta descriptor database for the various motronic systems so you can see what hex equals what descriptor (RPM, MAF, Coolant temp, etc). The downside is that so far there is no XDF available or any solid info about tuning the north american ABA 2.0, and any info from overseas won't mesh up with ours because the ECUs are different :(. I'm working on an OBD1 xdf for the 2.0...but it's a long work in progress :(.
Brendon,
Have you been able to work out any XDF stuff for the ABF digifant 3.X ECU? I can get the part numbers up if that would help.
BrendanSmall

Post by BrendanSmall »

No, I'm in North America and we never got the Digifant-3 cars (MkIII 16v ABF, etc). Our cars jumped right to Motronic 2.9 and beyond, so I have never looked at the digifant-3 stuff. Sorry :(.