honda xdf

Discuss all other manufacturer-specific tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

turbob18ls

honda xdf

Post by turbob18ls »

does anybody have a honda xdf?? im using an ostrich 2.0, lm1 wideband, and i tried using cromefree but it's giving me issues, wouldn't even connect to the ostrich.

'm new to tunerpro, and i'm trying to get a working xdf so i can get my 92 turboed integra tuned up again. i recently bought the kit and was finally getting around to hookin it up, i took out my chip and it broke, so now i'm trying to work with my romulator till i get a chip burner.

pretty sure i got the map onto the ostrich, but i need an xdf to go with it to verify. anyone using tunerpro on their honda/acura?? thanks
speedsex

Post by speedsex »

I have had problems with crome also , i use tuner pro to up load the file to the ostrich for the first time , and after that crome works on its own.

I set both programs to the same com port , if that helps you any and both programs work fine

Donnie
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

OBD0/OBD1 Honda definitions can definitely be created for TunerPro. It's just a matter of someone doing it. There are a few minor things that aren't yet supported, like column multipliers, but you can definitely use TunerPro to tune/log your Honda. Hopefully someone will step up and try it to completion one day. I don't have a vehicle to test with, so I can't be that someone.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
speedsex

Post by speedsex »

There is a hand full of free decent tuning software for Honda's out there, So I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for some one to set it up for tuner pro.

The best thing about tuner pro is the fact that it covers the void for cars that there isn't tunings software for , If some one sets it up.

Donnie
kilogram

Post by kilogram »

i started working on one a while back. ADHD kicked in though and i didn't get much done.

here's what i have so far:

www.apexology.com/files/TunerPro/xdfs/honda.xdf

www.apexology.com/files/TunerPro/Bins/P72.bin

there's a list of bit locations floating around out there somewhere for the datalogging protocol, but i never got around to adding them to the file.

keep in mind, the bin file is based off a crome 273 code base bin, 2.5bar MAP sensor with 10 boost columns, extra features added, timing fixed, bigwig launch control, etc.

a bin with other features/tables would need another xdf.
matteg

Post by matteg »

I hate to resurrect a year old thread but I really think that TunerPro has some serious polish and would love to see an XDF written for the OBD0 Honda bins.

There is a ton of info on memory locations in the following wiki:

http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/vie ... _Locations
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I wish someone would too!
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Are the "column multipliers" what Crome does to add the boost function to stock Honda bins?

I too had started on a Honda XDF, back when a friend of mine had his OBD1 Honda and needed some tuning. Somethings didn't seem to correlate between Crome and TP RT, but I chalked it up to me having a limited knowledge of tuning at the time, and this may be part of it.
PhilStubbs

Post by PhilStubbs »

Bumping a somewhat old thread here.

I have done a TON of Honda tuning with crome/neptune and a little GM tuning with tunerpro. I don't know much about the coding end, but I can follow directions. Is there anything I could do to help? Crome free doesn't datalog so having tunerpro do it would be a huge benefit.