Importing from Miller WAR

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

cek

Importing from Miller WAR

Post by cek »

I've been running a Miller WAR chip in my M30B35 (10:1.5 compression, 24lbs injectors, Paul Burke N21 cam, Miller MAF). Because the Miller software is still not supported > Windows XP, I want to try TunerPro.

Is there a way to import the Miller .mpc files into TunerPro?

I know I can start over but I'd rather start with my existing tune.

Thanks.
Mykk

Post by Mykk »

I really don't think so. I made the jump from Miller WAR chip on my M60B40 to an Ostrich 2.0 chip emulator running a mod tune.
olafu

Post by olafu »

Is that Miller chip just designed to emulate EPROM? In your case i would try to put that miller chip in to a eprom reader... But in your own risk to blow it in smoke.
And if it is possible and you succeed to have a BIN out from that chip, and it works in ordinary eprom, it could be hard to modify it. The software in that chip can be completely different.
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

You can try to read the miller chip using a normal eeprom reader it wont damage anything.

The eeprom reader reads the chip in sequential manner and what the eprom protection board do is that it wont let you read the data from the chip if it finds out that you are reading data in sequential and not in random like the real ECU do.

so if the miller chip has protection inside it you will not be able to read it using normal eeprom programmer instead you need to try to write a software and try to read the chip in random address and not sequential address, :twisted: reaching the stars is easier, and thats why it is called protection board.

good luck
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon
mahdi93

Re: Importing from Miller WAR

Post by mahdi93 »

any news with this projects ? i have some (2or 3) miller mpc read i wanna convert them to .bin i will send them for anyone if he want just help me to convert them
LeiseyJr

Re: Importing from Miller WAR

Post by LeiseyJr »

cek wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:58 pm I've been running a Miller WAR chip in my M30B35 (10:1.5 compression, 24lbs injectors, Paul Burke N21 cam, Miller MAF). Because the Miller software is still not supported > Windows XP, I want to try TunerPro.

Is there a way to import the Miller .mpc files into TunerPro?

I know I can start over but I'd rather start with my existing tune.

Thanks.
Yes put the Miller on a chip burner. It will read it like the DME does and then copy that .bin onto the appropriate eprom.