BMW E46 MS43 can't connect

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

lfuli

BMW E46 MS43 can't connect

Post by lfuli »

Hi All,

I've an issue with my BMW E46 M54B22 MS43 ecu.
It has the MS430069 firmware, I've downloaded the proper definition files for xdf and logging. When I try to connect to the ecu it's start connecting, but it takes forever and doesn't connect to the ecu. I've tried 2 different k+dcan cables. INPA and flashing works flawlessly. Tried also with different baud rate, latency settings and on different com ports. At testing it says cable working properly. I have windows 10 64bit. If anyone have an idea please let me know! Thanks!
neovin

Re: BMW E46 MS43 can't connect

Post by neovin »

what cables do you have?

Followed all these instructions at ms4x?

https://www.ms4x.net/index.php?title=Tu ... ta_Logging
If you are having communication issues with your INPA K+DCAN cable verify that pin 7 and 8 on the OBD side of the cable are shorted together, some cables provide an external switch to connect the two pins. If no switch is present, then pin 7 and 8 needs to be soldered together.

The reason why pins 7 and 8 are not shorted together on some cables is because on the newer e90 platform pin 7 is used for K-Line and pin 8 was reassigned for ethernet communication. On the older platforms pin 7 and 8 are both used for K-Line communication.

OBD Plug Pinout