Program hangs on splash screen when loading

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

qsiguy

Program hangs on splash screen when loading

Post by qsiguy »

Been using Tunerpro on my desktop for a while now. Just tried installing it on a laptop and it freezes on the splash screen when trying to load the program and I have to reboot to get it off. Has this happened to anyone else or anyone know what I can try?

I've tried reinstalling the software and that didn't change anything. Tried shutting down several programs that were running in the system tray, still no luck. Using Windows XP Home.

Any suggestions?
qsiguy

Post by qsiguy »

I worked it out on my own but thought I'd post in case anyone else has the issue. I don't know exactly what was causing the problem but it wasn't the software. I did some housecleaning on my computer, ran defrag, and then chkdsk to fix errors and that took care of the problem.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Does your laptop have bluetooth enabled? If so, that can cause quiet a bit of delay, since TunerPro walks all of the available COM ports and looks for devices.

-M
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am