ALDL verify

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Six_Shooter

ALDL verify

Post by Six_Shooter »

I just got a new (to me) laptop, so I have re-installed all the programs I need for tuning as well as a few others.

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have th enewets version of Tuner Pro RT (v 4.14.0365), so I downloaded it and installed it.

I decided I would verify my cables, to make sure my Serial port works on this laptop, I have bought another one recently that the serial port didn't function.

I plugged in my home made max232 based ALDL cable, went to tools>prefernces>ALDL/Emulation and clicked on the test for valid cable. no go. So I tried com2, no go. Hmm.

I then tried my USB ALDL cable, a Moates.com ALDL Extreme, tried a couple com ports, then decided to check my device manager, to expedite the task, and saw com 6. So I tried that in TP RT, and nothing, even tried a couple other ports, still nothing.

I figured I would try the version that came on my Moates disc, 4.14.0030.00, BAM! Sees both cables (tried them at different times, unplugged one before plugging in the other).

So I figured I would use the check for updates function of TP RT, thinking that maybe going through the program would change something. Lost connection to the ALDL cables, both of them. Removed the new version again, which for some reason did not show in my start menu, so I removed it via add/remove programs in my Control Panel, and re-installed the older version, and again I am back to seeing both cables.

Is there anything that I may have missed? I wouldn't think that there would need to be any extra seetings to change for the new release, that and I don't see any settings that may need to be set, that don't need to be in the older version.

Does anybody have any copies of the releases between the two I have? .0030 and .0365. I wouldn't mind trying a newer version to try and find where this possible bug started.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Update:

Mark created a new release, 4.14.0366, this has fixed my issue with ALDL cable not verfying or finding the cable, now I just need to test in the car.

Thanks Mark.