MonteCarSlow's NVSRAM hack support

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

dkedrowitsch

MonteCarSlow's NVSRAM hack support

Post by dkedrowitsch »

I'd like to request support for the NVSRAM upgrade "hack" used in $8D 730 ECM.

I've been using this NVSRAM module in my $8D 730 TPI powered truck for almost a year and it rocks! I think TunerPro and this device were meant for each other, since with it you can update your calibration right over the ALDL without needing any extra PROM emulators, cables, etc etc.

I would think it wouldn't be tough to accomplish since basically all that is required to update the calibration is to request a mode from the ECM and just send the data up the ALDL stream.

Has anyone else requested this?
jacomms

ALDL MODE4

Post by jacomms »

Hi

I would also love to see the ALDL MODE4 support in TunerPro RT. I have a very simple mod for the 165/808(with high speed mod) /082 etc..

its a simple mod to the std memcal and a link or 2 soldered on the ecu

www.jacomms.com/delco

pic's of the mod for all to try.

Juz!
vl400

Post by vl400 »

I too would like to see a feature like this added.

I have written two new ALDL modes (modes 11 and 12) to some Holden based code ($11 and $12) to enable writing to the calibration and re-flashing the whole ECU code. Have a bootloader running so the ECU code can be flashed without overwriting the ALDL routines.

Have it working using a small program to flash the entire calibration memory or entire code memory but would like to see this become real-time tuning of individual parameters.

Tuning and datalogging with only a single cable is really the way to go, the hardware is done all we need now is the software :D
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yes please add me to the list of people wanting this feature would love to see it allready have the hardware coming.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

i too would love to see this feature if possible, i have been tuning alot lately and something like this would save me ALOT of hrs!!
XR Pilot

Post by XR Pilot »

I'll also chime in and request support for this feature, flashing and datalogging over ALDL would be awesome.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've gotten tangled up with the ALDL cable, emulator and laptop p/supplies etc in the car. One less cable has got to be a good thing! :D
scv6

Post by scv6 »

Ill jump on this bandwagon.
would make things much easier
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

put me on the list it would make life alot easier 8)
antus

Post by antus »

I'd love this too, somehow configurable in an ads file would be nice. Im a kalmaker user, but want to be able to use newer software on the PC side. I have found a mostly complete xdf file for the binary, and would be interested in creating an ads file. Kalmaker has another ALDL mode hack for read and write to sram (the whole bin runs from sram in this case), and I'd love to use tuner pro RT with it. I'd register for this feature and move my tuning to tuner pro.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Sorry for the delay in replying, guys. I do have one of these modules and may explore the possibility of implementing support.

Someone mentioned mode 4 support - this is coming in v5 along with lots of other robust scanning changes and features.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

does that mean scannerpro has been added to it too.will it be using adx or ads files as we are creating some holden ones now and would like to know what to expect to save making 2 of each.cant wait to try it out.any idea on a release date mode 4 is what im after
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Yes, scannerpro engine and ADX. It will import ADS files.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

thanks for the quick reply much appreciated cant wait for its release chears
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

that is sweet music to my ears :)