Datalog in 413 Red Label

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

larguedas

Datalog in 413 Red Label

Post by larguedas »

Hi, I´m new in this word, I´ve a old 325i with 413 red label.
I change the chip and tuning, but, I wuant localite the Rx and Tx lines, this for conect the real time login. Like the Honda OBD1.

Somebody knew where are this lines y the board??.

In the chip´s socket we have 4 ponts free, I suspect of this point.

I hope somebady help me, I realy want see my car fast with the OEM ECU, this on a whim.

PD: I´m so sorry for my English :lol: :lol: ,
olafu

Re: Datalog in 413 Red Label

Post by olafu »

Live data is available from diagnostic "K-line" but any stock and practically any known tuning chips doesn't broadcast data except when requested. Transfer rate is quite slow, but might be enough, if you log only load and rpm. There is no any magical high speed realtime login, which allows you to read arbitrary parameters in real time. Real high speed logging is possible to read RAM in real time, but without separate device it is possible only through diagnostic function. Built in diagnostic function allows you to read any RAM or register address, but it need to be request through K-line, and it's slow.
In the limits of diagnostic function you can also read bunch of register data, as example registers 0xD0 to 0xD5, so you get six bytes of data at one request. This might be slightly faster than read D0 and D5 (RPM and Load) by separate requests.