16 DTC’s! Looking for TunerPro guidance

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

S7Kota

16 DTC’s! Looking for TunerPro guidance

Post by S7Kota »

The situation is that I have an Audi S7 which has Cylinder on demand that puts the car in 4 cylinder mode on the highways but this is already tuned off through my DS1 tune. What I did a couple days ago was go ahead and remove all the Camshaft Position actuators that were used for the cylinder on demand feature since they are inoperable at this time and I have 16 new fault codes due to open/short circuit and out of range/performance which was to be expected, this is also accompanied by a nice new CEL. I removed 16 actuators and have 16 faults so it coincides as expected. now comes the part of my question for you all and the reason I'm here. I open my bin & xdf and go to DTC Codes and DTC Masks. from my understanding the exact code given off by the car e.g. P11AB would be found in the DTC Codes table, locate the same exact bit/byte in the DTC Masks table to make the changes. another example to be specific is if I was looking for P11AB and it was 8 to the right and 4 up from the bottom I would then count 8 to the right and 4 up from the bottom to find the mask for that exact code correct?

last question pertaining to this is from my understanding:
FFFF - Not active/No CEL
03FD - Active/No CEL
03FC - Active/CEL
are these correct and if so what do these other DTC Masks mean that I'm seeing like 03F9, 03EC, Ect.

from my thoughts I would be just locating each code and switching them to "FFFF" to just turn them off as they aren't being used. I hope that someone can help me with the answer to this. Thank you!!!

UPDATE:
I have made a few discoveries since I have wrote the above on another forum but it doesn’t seem to be active or no one really responding which is why I am now here. I have found the “16” codes needed to be disabled, but, the issue is that there are multiple of the same exact codes in the same table! Ex. Code 11A7 will appear multiple times in many spots on the table. How do I know which is the right one to disable? I coded out 16 ones that I found and only 4 actually went away so now I’m back to the drawing board picking different random ones everyday until I figure out which are the proper ones that actually work. I will include my original thread from ecu connections forum here:

https://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/vi ... 88#p339788
Attachments
00D1D10F-8C21-4D27-BA00-0DF9CA131267.jpeg
00D1D10F-8C21-4D27-BA00-0DF9CA131267.jpeg (179.9 KiB) Viewed 28153 times