XSR 700 ECU interface

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Ahamay

XSR 700 ECU interface

Post by Ahamay »

Hi guys/gals new to the forum but Ive been tuning formula cars and my own cars since 2010. Typically Ive bought things like a Cobb tuner or used a standalone ECU but Im looking to tune with TunerPro and buy an XDF off someone. Want to dive into the DIY stuff for my new bike.

I am trying to figure out how to connect to my ECU, which is a Denso 2RC-8591A-21-00. I think I will need an FTDI cable, and I have found the pinout for my ecu so I should be able to connect this to my laptop with FTDI drivers, right into tuner pro or do I need more hardware? Something like this:https://ftdichip.com/products/c232hm-edhsl-0/

Once I get this going I understand I will need to find or create a ADX file in order to datalog, this is outside my wheelhouse, does anyone have any experience here? My friends have widebands I can use and I guess Ill have to datalolog O2 seperatly and combine data after or is there a way to feed data from an O2 and from the bikes OBD into one file?

Appreciate any help and if its wanted I can document what I do and post here since I havent seen anyone on this forum tuning an XSR 700.
Thanks!
Ahamay

Re: XSR 700 ECU interface

Post by Ahamay »

So far Ive discovered that the 2018 XSR 700 ECU uses a 48 pin ZRO connector from JST. The female pins people are using to make a comms cable is PN: SZRO-A021T-M0.64

From what Ive gathered the ECU has both kline and CAN bus communication but its not clear which one is used for flashing, probably kline as thats typically its intended use. MCU innovations is non-responsive to email but their site shows kline is pin 7 on our ECU. That pin is already populated on my ECU, and since the kits like FT Ecu and Woolich dont seem to need to remove pins Im becoming confused as to how a flash is done and doubting that its done using this kline pin. That makes me think its done over CAN bus. Any help is appreciated!