can't find the hardware

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

goyogarage

can't find the hardware

Post by goyogarage »

Hello everyone I hope you can help me, my old laptop broke down and now with the new one I have windows 11, I have downloaded the latest version of tunerpro so far everything is fine, but when I connect ostrich 2.0 it does not recognize it, hardware not found is what What does it tell me, what am I doing wrong or what can I do to solve this problem, thank you.
greetings
goyogarage

Re: can't find the hardware

Post by goyogarage »

Now I just saw that the Moates page no longer works, it may be that I have to download the software for it to work, I don't remember.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Have you installed the FTDI drivers and checked the COM port number matches what Windows assigns it?
goyogarage

Post by goyogarage »

Thanks for answering, I don't have that driver, I was looking for it, but I saw that the moates page has fallen and I don't know where to download it.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
goyogarage

Post by goyogarage »

Mangus wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:34 pm https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/
Hello Mangus, thanks for answering, I arrived at that page yesterday, but I don't know which one to download, because I downloaded one yesterday and it still doesn't work, I don't know if I didn't download the correct one, I have windows 11 64x.
sorry
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

There is an installation guide on the FTDI website: https://ftdichip.com/wp-content/uploads ... -10_11.pdf
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You'd need this for Win x64.

https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CD ... tified.zip

If you still can't get it working, check that there's a virtual COM port in device manager when the hardware is plugged in.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
wilosej288

Post by wilosej288 »

goyogarage wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:15 pm
Hello Mangus, thanks for answering, I arrived at that page yesterday, but I don't know which one to download, because I downloaded one yesterday and it still doesn't work, I don't know if I didn't download the correct one, I have windows 11 64x.
sorry
I also couldn't find a suitable download. Have you solved it yet?