hardware not found windows 10

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

McArch

hardware not found windows 10

Post by McArch »

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
just installed version 5.
windows 10 on asus pc laptop
attach cable OBD1 usb from ALDLcable.com
define port as com2 in device manager
plug cable in & test with windows hyperterminal - data flows at 2400 baud when plugged into 95gmc c1500 tbi manual trans

unplug cable from truck, but leave plugged into laptop.
open tunerpro 5.0, open Tools>Preferences>DataAcquisition/Emulation>Configure plugin component - set to same com2, then click "Test for valid Interface using setting": valid test with this result: "Cable found and functional"

Then close preferences. Now click on Tools>Initialize Tuning Hardware (or try clicking cable icon in toolbar): both result at lower left: "Hardware Not Found".
I tried changing to com4 in both device manager and in TunerPro, same issue.
I tried WinALDL & data flows to WinALDL via same cable using either com2 or com4. But it does not have data acquisition file for my truck.

Am I missing something simple? or is it maybe just a bug or problem with my system?

I will gladly register my version if I can solve this connection issue and use the cable/program.
Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.
Cheers!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Re: hardware not found windows 10

Post by Mangus »

The "Initialize Hardware" is for emulation hardware, not logging cables.

Sounds like you've configured your cable correctly, per the results of "test for valid interface".

Now you simply need to find the proper ADX and start logging.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
McArch

Post by McArch »

So you mean it's likely just the wrong .adx file? If so, that's great news & I'll just start searching for the one for my 95 gmc 1500 305ci TBI 5spd! Thx for the response Magnus! 🍻
McArch

Post by McArch »

This is the .ads (not .adx right?) file I used & it looks like it should work:

$99
99.xdf
99.ads
92-95 trucks with 5.0/5.7 TBI & 4L80E

The only thing that is different is that the transmission code is MG5 (5spd manual) for mine, not the 4L80E (4 spd automatic). Shouldn't it work?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
McArch

Post by McArch »

That works. I get readings, looks like everything is working. The temp reading I made an analog gauge but it reads backward & the value is incorrect. could this possibly be because I replaced the temp sensor at the manifold? the gauge on the truck dash reads correctly. Or is it possibly not the correct .adx file still?