Begineer Question

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Marineengineer56

Begineer Question

Post by Marineengineer56 »

I know GROOAAAANN. Talking about a 92 $8 AXXB mask. I have pulled the 'Original Prom Chip' from the car. Installed TunerPro RT with the Moates Burner 2. Down loaded the XDF and ADX files, installed in TunerPro. I was able to read the Prom. and save to a file on Computer. I am able to read the Bin file, looking at Tables, Flags and Scalers.

1st thing that I need help with is how to 'Turn off' the VATS. Nothing indicates where to look on the Bin File.

I have been on 3rd Gen.org reading everything I can. I came across a Post labeled "Programming PROMs for your Thirdgen Fuel Injected F-Body: Part I"
where it talks about how to remove VATS in the Flags section. I looked at the Flags in the BIN file and I do not see this flag for VATS.

What am I missing?

ED
rdboon

Re: Begineer Question

Post by rdboon »

i'm not advanced tuner but depending on what fdx file your using the scalar and flags will be labled different. look for a flag bit labled VATS. it should be checked if its on. I have the same question as you and am not sure if just un-checking that box turns it off, or if there is another place to check as well.
speedloco1973

Re: Begineer Question

Post by speedloco1973 »

Another beginner here.
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question. I was wondering where you found the XDF and Bin files?
The ALDL cable I got from Reddevilriver came with the ADX file but I cant find a place where I can Download the other files.
I have a stock 92 Z28 5.7L L98 TPI. Just wan to delete EGR and maybe play around with other settings.
If you can help guide me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
P.S. I hope you've found an answer to your original question on VATS delete.

Thanks!