Windows 10 OS and newest version of Tunerpro RT

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

ATPCR

Windows 10 OS and newest version of Tunerpro RT

Post by ATPCR »

Morning. I have the opportunity to purchase a gently used Dell Latitude 3180 11.6" HD Laptop Intel Celeron N3350 1.1GHz 4GB RAM 64GB eMMc SSD Webcam Windows 10. Is anyone using Windows 10 with the newest version of TunerPro RT version 5.00.9786? Thanks for any information and would like to know before I purchase the Dell Laptop from a friend.
ATPCR

Re: Windows 10 OS and newest version of Tunerpro RT

Post by ATPCR »

Maybe dex or when Mangus checks in can let me know about Win 10 and the newest version of TunerPro RT compatibilty. I am poised to purchase the Win 10 laptop. I have Win 7 on my PC on the desk at work, but it is not going to be practical to tune with it. I would need a 40 ft USB cable to reach from the PC to the Data port on a vehicle. Many thanks if one of you will weigh in on this. After I get the Laptop, then I will do the software download and pay $39-. Thanks in advance.
turbohugh

Post by turbohugh »

FWIW I'm using TunerPro on a Thinkpad running Windows 11 and It seems stable. I'm using it with a Motiv Reflex + device.
I think as long as your interface is configured correctly everything should work smoothly.
ATPCR

Post by ATPCR »

@turbohugh Thanks for the input. I'm not sure if my datalink cable will be adequate. I will give it a try though. It showed up in the mail today.
it is a Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for for-Scan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch. I'm picking up the laptop in a day or two. Thanks
ATPCR

Post by ATPCR »

Thanks dex and turbohugh. I now have my laptop with Windows 10 Pro with 4 GB ram and I see now after a couple of weeks of digging, searching etc that the vLinker is simply a DTC tool. I have on the way a VCM2 J2534 generic chinese knockoff tool on the way and hope that it will work in an adequate manner. I'm going to ship it to a guy to check it out for me and make sure that it works before I try it myself. This will be a process learning about all of this.
A different question has arisen. Is there an inexpensive way to use Ford IDS programming for flash updates and PATS delete or switching off? I don't know very much about all of this stuff and information for Fords in particular is limited on the internet. Thanks guys.
laptop&vlnker.jpg
laptop&vlnker.jpg (179.78 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
I bought a case for the laptop and have room for the J2534 device.
ATPCR

Post by ATPCR »

For anyone wanting to know, TunerPro plain functions well on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. I will be using all of this for Ford tuning. For the past 20+ years, Ford tuners were accessing ECMs and PCMs through a port on the back of the unit called a J3 port. I'm not familiar with GM vehicles or any other makes for that manner, so I don't know if other brands have J3 ports. Is anyone here familiar with the Ford PCMs and a device called the Moats Quarter Horse? It attaches to the J3 port. The Moates people retired in November 2022, closed up shop and turned off their website. The Moates device is no longer being made and sold. Would anyone know of another brand of device that attaches to the J3 port? Thanks for any information.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

At the moment there is not a DIY tuning device comparable to the QuarterHorse available. Hopefully someone will provide something similar in the future.
ATPCR

Post by ATPCR »

Thanks Dex. I have a VMV2 device on the way. I assume that this functions like a J-2534. I'm just learning about all of this, so mistakes are entirely possible.
I'm looking at software to be able to read and write a specific year group and type of Fords. Here is a short list of what I own and will be inclined to use my new tools and applicable software.
1997 Explorer 5.0/4R70W cc SLL4
1997 Explorer 4.0 SOHC
1998 Explorer 4.o OHV
1999 Crown Victoria 4.6 with a catch code of JCA1
2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0 SOHC
2003 Lincoln Town Car 4.6
I have looked around and seemed to have found software that will allow me to work on more than one vehicle within the same generation of PCMs that is in these vehicles. The information isn't totally clear but the best that I can make of it is from ECU Tools https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/pcmflash/ I need PCMflash to read and write, including Module #29. If anyone can verify, that would be great. The information isn't clear. There must be something missing in the translation. All the PCMs involved in my list are the EEC-V OBDII 1997 to 2004. It's my understanding that 2003-04 PCMs may have a faster clock speed than say a 1999 PCM. I'm ready to purchase the PCMflash software and dongle pending verification of this and also if can be used on multiple vehicles/PCMs unlike much of what is available that you are required to purchase multiple tokens to do much of anything. Thanks for any guidance.