Euro S50 Vanos Map Help?

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Omniscient

Euro S50 Vanos Map Help?

Post by Omniscient »

Hello, I have a Euro M3 in the US and I've been trying to find information on translating values of the Vanos map.

As some of you know the Vanos map is controlled by a separate computer that works via can.

I've posted screenshots of the map values as well as the hex values in the Tunerpro editor.

I can also upload the bin file if necessary.

I haven't added the column and row labels but its a standard 16x16 load x rpm map.

I'm just not sure what the values in the cells represent of if there's a conversion.

Omniscient

Re: Euro S50 Vanos Map Help?

Post by Omniscient »

For future reference, after some research I’ve found this is cam angle in reference to crank angle in actual degrees.

At idle the reference angle is 42* (retarded) and numbers smaller than 42* all the way down to 0* is advanced opening of the intake valves.

To use this data in a standalone ECU configuration you simply invert the data points. 42* = 0* advance, 0* = 42* of advance (in crank degrees). If for some reason your ECU directly uses cam degrees these numbers would be halved.